The Clios has chosen the 150 adpeople who will make up its juries, choosing the winners of 60th annual Clio Awards. The 50% female and 50% male jurors represents 28 countries, including Australia, Germany, China, Mexico, Canada, India, Switzerland and Brazil.
Australia’s Clio jurors are:
- Mike Spirkovski, chief creative officer, Saatchi & Saatchi Australia – Direct & Experiential/Events. Jury president: Debbi Vandeven, global chief creative officer, VMLY&R
- Cameron Bell, creative director, CHE Proximity – Film Technique: Copywriting jury. Jury president: Jury president: Rob Reilly, global creative chairman, McCann Worldgroup
This is the first year that the Clios has hosted a Film Technique: Copywriting jury, comprised of creatives that contributed to some of the world’s most recognisable campaigns.
- Grace Eyre, editor at The Editors – Film Technique: Editing jury. Jury president: Rob Reilly, global creative chairman, McCann Worldgroup
- Anthony Aston, owner and sound designer at Rumble Sydney – Film Technique: Music & Sound Design jury. Jury president: Rob Reilly, global creative chairman, McCann Worldgroup
- Aussie expat, Reed Collins, chief creative officer, Ogilvy Asia has become a juror in the Print & Out of Home jury. Its president is Merlee Cruz-Jayme, chairmom & chief creative officer, Dentsu Jayme Syfu.
This year’s jury presidents:
The 2019 jury will meet Cabo San Lucas, Mexico this year to determine the Grand, Gold, Silver and Bronze Clio statue winners. Each jury must evaluate the execution of submissions within their medium based solely on the creativity and originality of the work.
The 2019 Clios also features updated categories in Design and Public Relations mediums to reflect the evolution of those industries.
Nicole Purcell, president, Clio, stated, “We’ve come a long way since Clio started bringing together world industry leaders to celebrate creativity six decades ago. We’re so proud to reflect the evolution of our business with this year’s jury, an extraordinary group of representatives from diverse nations, genders, ages and creative fields.”
The 60th annual Clio Award winners will be presented with their awards September 25 in New York City.
The Clio Awards are open for entries:
1st Deadline: Friday, April 19, 2019
2nd Deadline: Friday, May 17, 2019
Final Deadline: Friday, June 28, 2019
Note that entry prices increase per deadline. Enter here.