The One Club’s Global ADC 98th Annual Awards have been presented in New York.
TBWA\Hakuhodo Tokyo won the most ADC Gold Cubes from an agency this year with eight, all for Pride Jersey for AIG, making it the Agency of the Year. TBWA\Media Arts Lab Los Angeles with OMD Worldwide Los Angeles won six Golds, all for Apple Welcome Home.
The number of entries for the ADC 98th Annual Awards increased 11% over last year, received from 48 countries. There were 76 ADC Gold Cubes presented, 107 Silver Cubes, 152 Bronze Cubes and 376 Merits for work from 34 countries.
Australia won six Merits, but only one Cube.
KAPWA Studioworks Sydney, working with Bamm Bamm Wolfgang Sydney, won Australia’s Cube, a Bronze for Accents for TED-Ed in Motion/Film Craft, Animation – Single or Series. The work also won a Merit in Motion/Film Craft, Motion/Film – Short Video – Single.
CHE Proximity Melbourne won four Merits, two in Advertising for AutoAds for carsales.com.au, one for Direct – Digital – Campaign, and one for Innovation – Television/Film/Online Video, plus one for for IAG Safety Hub in Interactive, Design for Good – Campaign and another with FINCH Melbourne, for Velocity Frequent Flyer’s The Earnbassadors in Interactive, Social Media – Instagram – Campaign.
Stuart Geddes won a Merit with National Gallery of Victoria Melbourne and Matter of Sorts Melbourne for National Gallery of Victoria for The Field Revisited in Publication Design, Books – Image-Driven – Single.
New Zealand’s only ADV winner was Alt Group Auckland working with Klim Type Foundry Wellington, who won a Merit for There is no such thing as a New Zealand typeface, for Klim Type Foundry in Photography, Fine Art/conceptual – Single.
The ADC Black Cube for Best of Show went to Final Cut New York and Furlined Santa Monica with Droga5 New York for The Truth Is Worth It for The New York Times. The work also received Best of Disciplines honours in both Advertising and Motion/Film Craft, as well as three Gold Cubes in Advertising and a Gold and Bronze in Motion/Film Craft.
Major winners are:
- Agency of the Year: TBWA\Hakuhodo Tokyo
- Network of the Year: TBWA Worldwide
- Boutique Agency of the Year: Akestam Holst Stockholm
- Design Studio of the Year: The New York Times Magazine New York
- Production Company of the Year: Furlined Santa Monica
- Brand of the Year: AIG
Best of Discipline winners are:
- Advertising: Furlined Santa Monica with Droga5 New York, The Truth Is Worth It, for The New York Times
- Brand/Communication Design: TBWA\Hakuhodo Tokyo, Pride Jersey, for AIG
- Experiential Design: BBDO Atlanta, Stop Traffick, for Street Grace
- Fashion Design: TBWA\Hakuhodo Tokyo, Pride Jersey, for AIG
- Illustration: Nora Krug Brooklyn, Belonging: A German Reckons with History and Home, for Scribner
- Integrated: DDB Chicago, Broadway the Rainbow, for Mars Wrigley Confectionery
- Interactive: Akestam Holst Stockholm, Billboards Beyond Borders, for Reporters Beyond Borders
- Motion/Film Craft: Final Cut New York with Significant Others New York, Furlined Santa Monica and Droga5 New York for, The Truth Is Worth It, for The New York Times
- Packaging Design: TBWA\Chiat\Day New York with Design by Disruption New York, Unboxing the Truth, for Thomson Reuters
- Photography: The New York Times Magazine New York, Losing Earth, for The New York Times Magazine
- Product Design: TBWA\Hakuhodo Tokyo, Pride Jersey, for AIG
- Publication Design: TBWA\Chiat\Day New York with Design by Disruption New York and Rebel & Rogue New York, The Fake News Stand, for Columbia Journalism Review
- Spatial Design: Studio Cadena Brooklyn, Masa Cafe & Bakery, for Masa
- Typography: TBWA\Chiat\Day New York with Design by Disruption New York and Rebel & Rogue New York, The Fake News Stand, for Columbia Journalism Review
The ADC Designism Award for work that best promotes social good went to McCann New York for Planet or Plastic for National Geographic.
View all winners here.
Shutterstock sponsored the awards again this year. Snapchat sponsored two ADC 98th Annual Awards submission categories, Interactive-AR/VR and Experiential Design-Digital Experiences and two new subcategories were created this year for Snapchat single and campaign entries for posts, ads or campaigns using the platform.
Other sponsors of Creative Week 2019 include Facebook, Pinterest and Musicbed.