The New York Festivals AME Awards shortlists have been decided by five-region jury panels and based on four criteria – results/effectiveness, idea, execution, and challenge/strategy/objective. Entries were submitted from 23 countries. UAE, USA, Canada, United Kingdom, and Germany lead the pack at finalist stage.
The UAE Government Media Office took the top slot worldwide with a record-breaking 34 entries shortlisted. Global brands and foundations advancing include Guinness, adidas, Allianz – Women’s Aid, Pepsi, Flutwein, McDonald’s, BURGER KING, Deutschland, Extra Gum, Sheba, Harry Rosen, Black Business & Professional Association, Fundaparkca Foundation, Kellogg’s Eggo, Intuit QuickBooks, Lexus, Maltesers, Pfaff Harley-Davidson, Dove/Mars Wrigley, Indeed, Wendy’s Canada, Heinz Ketchup, Mall of the Emirates, Tourism New Zealand, Campbell’s Co. of Canada, Hondao Senior Citizen’s Welfare Foundation, and Zalando.
Branded Content & Entertainment campaigns that advanced include:
- The Warm Winter Livestream. The UAE Government Media Office partnered with gaming influencer and YouTube star Hassan Suleiman, AboFlah, who lived in a glass box, opposite the Burj Khalifa to raise $10 million in aid for refugees.
- For When It’s Time. Extra Gum’s Pandemic Comeback: Energy BBDO’s humorous campaign for Extra Gum dramatised just how epic our return to the world could be post Covid.
The Show Next Door by Starcom for Maker’s Mark was a six episode talk show running on the Roku Channel reminding viewers to take some time for themselves.
Purpose Driven campaigns that advanced include:
- Hope Reef by AMVBBDO and The Glue Society for Sheba launched the world’s largest coral restoration program – a 10-year commitment starting with Hope Reef off Indonesia.
- #flutwein – Our Worst Vintage by Seven.One AdFactory, Creative House, White Rabbit Budapest & WallDecaux for Flutwein was Germany’s most successful crowdfunding campaign created to raise funds for locals affected by the Arh Valley’s catastrophic flood, that destroyed more than 50 wineries.
- The World’s Strongest Women by In the Company of Huskies for Allianz – Women’s Aid
- McDonald’s Classroom by Leo Burnett Manila for McDonald’s
- The Donation Plate by UAE Government Media Office for 100 Million Meals Initiative
- Parkinson´s Scale Films by WINGS The Agency for Fundaparkca Foundation.
Outdoor & Out-of-Home finalists include:
- Liquid Billboard by Havas Middle East for adidas Middle East. The agency transformed a traditional billboard into a 5-metre-high swimming pool for women to dive in and become the heroes of the campaign and adidas’ new inclusive swimwear line.
- Better with Pepsi by ALMA DDB for Pepsi used paper artwork that uncovered Pepsi’s logo in the wrappers of the top burger chains.
- Empty Plates by Saatchi & Saatchi MENA for the UAE Government Media Office was a stunt that targeted Dubai’s elite to use empty number auto plates and a VIP auction to fight world hunger.
- Christmas Wildfire by MullenLowe MENA for Mall of the Emirates used a special-build digital carbon-neutral Christmas Tree which lit beautifully and burst into flames to raise awareness about climate change.
Social Equality finalists include:
- The Micropedia of Microaggressions by Zulu Alpha Kilo for Black Business & Professional Association, Canadian Congress on Inclusive Diversity & Workplace Equity, Pride at Work, and the Diversity Institute. The Micropedia is a judgement-free online tool that provides easy-to-digest information where people can unlearn their unconscious bias and make immediate changes in their daily interactions.
- Vicious Circle (No Fixed Address) by Wunderman Thompson for HSBC UK
- Tough Turban by Zulu Alpha Kilo for Pfaff Harley-Davidson
- Zalando – Here to Stay by Anomaly for Zalando
Multi-cultural campaigns that advanced include:
- Adios Cuadernito by ALMA DDB’s for Inuit Quickbooks
- Iconos by and Marca Miami for DishLATINO.
Use of Technology finalists include:
- David’s Unusables by Special Group for Motor Neurone Disease New Zealand. The campaign used Trade Me’s auction functionality in an innovative way to chart the ‘real-life’ digital decline of David Seymour.
- Dove Chocolate – Oddly Pleasurable by BBDO China’s for Dove/Mars Wrigley used real-time neuroscience methodology to gather data to create a brand experience that triggers pleasurable feelings by generating dopamine.
- Notes IPA by Zulu Alpha Kilo for SingleCut Beersmiths used augmented reality to craft a beer-drinking experience that could elevate your musical abilities.
Activation & Engagement finalists include:
- Lonesome Hotel by Inspire Activation for Hondao Senior Citizen’s Welfare Foundation. The campaign raised public awareness and increased donations by modifying neglected seniors’ homes into Lonesome Hotels and turned seniors’ life dilemma stories into special services.
- An Invitation to the Future by MullenLowe MENA for UAE Government Media Office used the real-life Iron Man, jet-suit inventor Richard Browning, to fly across Dubai in his jet suit to gain attention for Dubai’s Museum of the Future.
- Products and Services finalists include:
The plant-based revolution by Burger King, by Grabarz & Partner in Germany gave a glimpse into the future ofpPlant-based fast food at the world’s first Burger King Plant-based pop-up restaurant.
- Keurig Makes Any Occasion the Perfect Coffee Occasion by Havas New York for Keurig
- Fenty Eau De Parfum Ghost Stores Launch by Barbarian for Fenty Beauty
- Black Shines Brightest by AMVBBDO for Guinness
Wendy’s Phone by McCann Canada for Wendy’s Canada
- Ingrid makes Indeed the No. 1 job search brand in Germany, by Grabarz & Partner for Indeed
- Lexus IS: All-In On Obsession by Team One for Lexus.
Health & Wellness entries that advanced include:
- The Return Visit by Deloitte Digital Us for NYU Langone
- The Invisible Opponent by AMVBBDO for Campaign Against Living Miserably (CALM)
- Winning the Switch Window by Starcom for Novartis Kesimpta
- CRM by ALMA DDB for Tobacco Free Florida,
- Grown-up Problems by McCann Canada for client Kids Help Phone