Shetopia is a world made by and for self-made woman. It’s a magnificent world, in which men don’t talk over women, news headlines confirm that body confidence is at an all-time high, and women leaders fight for equal pay for men.
Its film is a powerhouse of confidence and positivity. And it’s by Anomaly, for Coty’s nail brand, Sally Hansen.
Shetopia spearheads the first ever brand campaign for the brand that was founded by the 1940s leader, innovator and entrepreneur – the actual Sally Hansen. Behind her brand is the belief that beauty and achievement are not mutually exclusive, and that beauty has the power to inspire and enable women to be their best selves.
The campaign idea came from in-depth conversations with women and the brand’s long-time users. Anomaly’s new brand strategy and campaign position beauty as an inherent tool for empowering women to feel confident and ready to take on the world. It aims to kick-off and develop the concept of the At Home Salon – getting salon quality results yourself using Sally Hansen products.
The hero film features self-made CEOs, business leaders, bloggers, advocates, athletes and other inspiring women who every day are paving the way to a more equal world.
- Claire Wasserman (@LadiesGetPaid) – founder of “Ladies get Paid”, an organization that helps women advocate for themselves at work.
- Jaclyn Johnson (@jaclynrjohnson) – founder of “Create & Cultivate”, investor, supporter of female entrepreneurs in the digital space, Forbes 30 under 30.
- Angela Benton (@abenton) – businesswoman, cancer survivor, and mother of three. She is a pioneer of diversity in the technology industry.
- Gina Ybarra (@huntforstyles) – a successful fashion blogger who dropped her successful career in finance and decided to take her life in her own hands.
- Sarah-Jane Adams (@saramaijewels) – A gemologist and jeweler by trade, she was pushed into the limelight when her daughter uploaded a photo of her, which went viral and has since spawned a successful modelling career.
- Cynthia Andrew (@simplycyn) – An attorney by day and a lifestyle blogger by night.
- Katie Sturino (@the12ishstyle) – a challenger of traditional fashion rules and promoter of femininity in all sizes.
- Jessica Haggett (@jessicahaggett) -founder of the world’s largest all female motorcycle group, which spans across 18 countries and 138 cities.
- Eniola Aluko (@enialu) – the Chelsea Football Club and England professional women’s footballer with a first class degree in Law.
Shetopia was created with a mainly female creative and production team, headed up by director Natalie Rae. Rae is known for her work on women’s issues, having directed a global PSA for UN Women that promotes female leadership and brings awareness to the low numbers of political positions held by women in the world.
The music for the campaign, Woman, was written by self-made woman, singer songwriter, Diana Gordon, who is known for her empowering, feminist lyrics and work with Beyoncé on the Lemonade album. The track is featured throughout the campaign.
A 15 and 20 second TVC and online video will be broadcast across the 50+ countries in which the brand is currently sold, supported on digital media channels and in-store animations with like-minded creative executions. Media planning was provided by Zenith Media.
Jeremy Lowenstein, vice president of global marketing, Sally Hansen, commented, “The making of and inspiration for this campaign started 3 years ago with the search for the brand’s namesake. The brand’s new platform of Self-Made Beauty truly embodies the life and spirit of Sally Hansen, the founder. My hope is that this campaign empowers and inspires even more women to take beauty in their own hands, so that they, too, can create their best selves, them self, every single day.”
Director: Natalie Rae
Director of Photography: Rina Yang
Editor: Hollie Singer
Sound Mixer: Elizabeth Mcclanahan