We’re still a long way from gender equality in advertising and design. The One Club for Creativity is doing its bit. It has launched its first annual Right The Ratio Summit, set for January 23 and 24 2020 at Convene, 605 3rd Avenue in New York.
The inaugural two-day gathering is aimed at decision-makers with the authority to advance workplace equality and foster a better, more gender-balanced environment at their agencies. The summit will serve as a forum to share ideas, insights and solutions that can be acted upon through all levels of an agency.
Right The Ratio Summit speakers included:
- Lionel Carreon, global director, creative recruiting, R/GA
- Keith Cartwright, ECD, 72andSunny, The One Club board member
- Wendy Clark, CEO, DDB Worldwide
- Lisa Clunie, cofounder, CEO, Joan Creative
- Susan Credle, global CCO, FCB Global, The One Club chair
- Sara Guizzo, SVP, talent acquisition, Wunderman Thompson NA
- Kate Jeffers, partner, COO, Venables Bell & Partners
- Margaret Johnson, CCO, partner, Goodby, Silverstein & Partners, The One Club board member
- Janet Ketin, cofounder, partner, SWIM
- James Kinney, director of people, Giant Spoon
- Tommy Means, partner, Mekanism
- Shannon Moorman, VP, global creative talent, WPP
- Carter Murray, CEO, FCB Global
- Jamie Robinson, cofounder, CCO, Joan Creative
- Derek Robson, president, Goodby Silverstein & Partners
- Monique Sample, director of talent management, Wunderman Thompson New York
- Kelly Schoeffel, executive strategy director, partner, 72andSunny
- Rob Schwartz, CEO, TBWA\Chiat Day New York
- Paul Venables, founder, chairman, Venables Bell & Partners
- Ari Weiss, CCO, DDB Worldwide
To maintain gender balance, space is limited to 50 female-identifying and 50 male-identifying individuals who are agency decision-makers, with an equal 50/50 representation of speakers. Prospective attendees must register and be screened before ticket purchase. The summit’s closed-door and limited-attendee format is designed to encourage open and honest conversation.
“As a global non-profit organisation, we have a long-standing commitment to giving back to the industry and providing programs that help improve the industry’s diversity and gender equality,” stated Kevin Swanepoel, CEO, The One Club, who will also speak at the summit.
“The ad industry has a gender bias problem, and institutional change will happen only when it comes from management. We’re starting Right The Ratio to stimulate dialogue among agency leaders and make that change happen.”
Find more information and apply here.