The big awards have been handed out at Cannes Lions 2019.
- Wieden+Kennedy Portland is this year’s Agency of the Year.
- McCann Worldgroup is Network of the Year.
- Omnicom is Holding Company of the Year.
- FCB has won four Grands Prix – a total of 48 Lions. Area 23, an FCB Health Network Company, won the Grand Prix in Innovation for See Sound, for Wavio. See Sound is a home device powered by an AI-learning model that can listen for a variety of household sounds and distinguish between them. FCB New York won three Grands Prix for Whopper detour for Burger King – in Mobile, Direct and, crowning glory, the Titanium Lion.
- Droga5’s The Truth is Worth It campaign for The New York Times won two Grands Prix – in Film and Film Craft.
- The Grand Prix for Good was won by McCann New York for Generation Lockdown for March for Our Lives by McCann New York. The Agency also won the Grand Prix in Brand Experience & Activation for Xbox Adaptive Controller, for Microsoft.
The Grands Prix winners:
- Titanium: FCB New York, Whopper Detour for Burger King
- Sustainable Development Goals: Clemenger BBDO Melbourne, The Lion’s Share, for Mars Australia / UNDP
- Glass: VMLY&R Poland, Last Ever Issue, for Gazeta.Pl, Mastercard & BNP Paribas
- Outdoor: Wieden + Kennedy Portland, Dream Crazy, for Nike
- Design: Google Creative Lab, Google Creatability
- Print & Publishing: Impact BBDO, Blank Newspaper, for An-Nahar
- Pharma: McCann Health Shaghai, Breath of Life, for GSK
- Health & Wellness: McCann Tel Aviv, Ikea Thisables
- Entertainment for Sport: Wieden + Kennedy Portland, Dream Crazy, for Nike
- Entertainment for Music: Baco Exo do Blues, This is America, for Childish Gambino
- Entertainment: UM Studios, 5B, for Johnson & Johnson
- Film Craft: Final Cut & Droga5 New York, The Truth is Worth It for The New York Times
- Industry Craft: Momentum Worldwide New York & Momentum Canada, Just Do It HQ at the Church, for Nike
- Digital Craft: Virtue Copenhagen, Address the Future, for Carlings
- Direct: FCB New York, Whopper Detour, for Burger King
- Public Relations: Scholz & Friends, The Tampon Book, for The Female Company
- Media: AKQA São Paulo, Air Max Graffiti Store, for Nike
- Creative Data. FCB/Six Toronto, Go Back to Africa, for Black & Abroad
- Creative Strategy Forsman & Bodenfors, The Equal Vehicles for All (E.V.A.) project, for Volvo
- Social & Influencer: VMLY&R, Keeping it Fortnite Fresh, for Wendy’s
- Innovation: Area 23, See Sound, for Wavio
- Radio & Audio: 360i, Westworld The Maze, for HBO
- Mobile: FCB New York, Whopper Detour, for Burger King
- Brand Experience & Activation: McCann New York, Xbox Adaptive Controller, for Microsoft
- Creative Effectiveness Marcel Paris, The Black Supermarket, for Carrefour
Creative e-commerce: RBK Communication, Doconomy, for Do Black
Film: Droga5 New York, The Truth is Worth It, for The New York Times