If you are not going to Creative Week 2019 (May 6 – 10) in New York, here’s where you get to wish you were. The One Club for Creativity has released its full schedule of events.
The week begins with The One Club for Creativity’s three global award shows:
- ADC 98th Annual Awards on May 6 at Metropolitan West
- One Show on May 8 at the Ziegfeld Ballroom and May 10 at Cipriani
- Young Ones Student Awards on May 7 at Metropolitan West.
Other highlights of Creative Week 2019 include:
Executive Creative Summit, May 9 and 10 at Convene, for agency founders, partners and top creative executives.creatives to engage in honest talk about running a creative business, with the goal of sharing ideas, insights, successes and failures.
Speakers include some of the industry’s most influential creative leaders, such as:
- Droga5 Founder/Creative Chairman, David Droga
- FCB New York Global CCO and One Club chair, Susan Credle
- Anomaly Founding Partner/Global CCO, Mike Byrne
- Forsman & Bodenfors Creative Senior Partner/Chairman of the Board, Anna Qvennerstedt
- Ogilvy & Mather Group CCO/Vice Chairman, Sonal Dabral
- Google Director of User Experience, Chloe Gottlieb
- R/GA co-CCO US, Tiffany Rolfe
- JOAN Creative co-founders, Jaime Robinson (CCO) and Lisa Clunie (CEO)
Creative Summit, May 9 at Convene, a full day of solo sessions, panels and workshops on topics of culture, innovation, gender equality, inclusion and diversity, design and leadership, under this year’s theme, Future Proofing: Staying Ahead of the Creative Curve. All sessions were crowd-sourced, selected by a public vote of the creative community and designed to provide inspiration, conversation and insights.
Creative Summit keynote will be given by Marcel Marcondes, US CMO, Anheuser-Busch, on how he future-proofed the company’s brands and created internal processes to better react to changing consumer tastes and habits.
Other speakers include:
- Mother NY CCO, Corinna Falusi
- The Martin Agency CCO, Karen Costello
- TBWA\Chiat\Day LA CCO, Renato Fernandez
- Big Spaceship CEO, Michael Lebowitz
- Conde Nast executive director, Xavier Teo
- Illustrator, Edel Rodriguez
- Shutterstock Head of UX & Product Design, Maggie McKlosky
- 72andSunny New York President, Jess Monsey
Young Ones Education Festival, May 6-7 at Metropolitan West, featuring the Young Ones Awards and activities for creative students and recent grads including portfolio reviews, mentoring sessions and the annual client pitch competition.
Daybreak Sessions, May 6-10, various locations, where a small group of attendees get a behind-the-scenes look at some of New York’s renowned ad agencies, design firms and digital shops including McCann New York, Edelman, Ataboy Studios and Framestore.
TDC Type Walk with Paul Shaw, May 7, outdoor walk, exploring Manhattan’s East Side from 34th Street to the Upper 40s with the Type Directors Club, including such iconic New York lettering venues as the Empire State Building, the Chanin Building, Tudor City and the Beaux Arts Institute of Design, as well as mundane and often overlooked examples of lettering in the city such as door handles, house numbers, and manhole covers.