#MyFamilyCan for SPC by Leo Burnett Melbourne was won the Regional Platinum Award/Asia-Pacific at this year’s AME Awards for the World’s Best Advertising & Marketing Effectiveness.
During a national debate about contaminated imported foods and Australia’s growing concern about the origin of food, Leo Burnett used SPC cans to reassure Australians about the families that grow its food. 4 million cans became educational media space about SPC’s Australian farmers. The results? One million SPC Family Cans were sold in the first month alone—a 17% uplift on the sales target.
Ilona Janashvili, director of integrated strategy, Leo Burnett Melbourne, commented, “It’s an amazing result and we celebrate our fearless and agile client SPC and their willingness to embrace change. SPC Family Can helped to align people’s values in wanting to support Australian farmers as well as their need for value. Our bold idea was to hero the local farmers on the packaging itself. This act genuinely connected to shoppers at their moment of truth and powerfully conveyed that their choice mattered. The Platinum AME is a testimony to a great relationship with SPC, which enabled a powerful idea that garnered the ultimate in effectiveness.”
#MyFamilyCan was one of 4 Regional Platinum Awards:
- BBDO New York won The North American regional award for Vines in the Real World: Making the Digital Analog for Lowe’s Companies.
To launch Lowe’s 2 new Manhattan stores, BBDO connected with New Yorkers via a store window marketing campaign, creating analogue versions of popular Lowe’s DIY digital Vines and displaying them in the windows of the Manhattan stores. The campaign achieved 34.4 million impressions in just three weeks, and increased engagement by almost 1300%.
- Grabarz & Partner/GGH Lowe Germany’s Nazis Against Nazis – Germany’s Most Involuntary Charity Walk for ZDK Zentrum Demokratische Kultur won the European regional award.
Grabarz & Partner/GGH Lowe Germany’s Nazis Against Nazis also won the top award, the AME Grand Award. The campaign tricked participants in a pro-neo-Nazi march by turning it into a charity walk to raise attention and money for EXIT-Deutschland. For every metre the neo-Nazis marched, 10 euros were donated. It also won 4 Gold AME Awards.
- Impact BBDO Cairo won the regional award in the Middle East for Everyday Hero for Sting, PepsiCo’s energy drink.
The campaign associated the Sting with the extreme sport of Everyday Egyptian Life, since Life in Cairo with a population of 9 million can be exhausting with traffic jams, pollution power outages and more. In less than a year, the energy drink market in Egypt grew by 1400% and Sting became leader with more than 60% market share. Everyday Hero also won a Gold AME Award.
1 Grand Award, 4 Regional Platinum Awards, 29 Gold AME Awards, 30 Silver AME Awards, 21 Bronze and 24 Finalist Certificates were awarded from entries submitted from 22 countries.
Gold winners were:
- Serviceplan Germany’s Speaking of Images 2015, the first book in which every photo is able to speak for World Press Photo – literally. It won 2 Gold AME Awards and 2 AME Silver.
- Serviceplan’s The Match for Sky. invited rival fans to view a sold-out football match on their smartphones. The catch was only one half of the game was visible on phone’s screen. In order to view the entire match, the two rival fans had to work together joining their phones side-by-side to follow the game. It won 1 Gold AME Award and 1 Bronze.
- Serviceplan Middle East was awarded Gold Afor BMW xWalk, a campaign featuring an interactive art installation/3D optical illusion at the Dubai World Trade Center that demonstrated the benefits of the BMW xDrive, under the strapline, Go smooth on uneven roads.
- TBWA Kuala Lumpur won 2 Gold AMEs for EVEREADY Book of Play – Brand Rejuvenation through Innovation for Energizer Malaysia. The EVEREADY Book of Play (BOP) is an innovative storytelling platform based on the traditional Malaysian art of storytelling called Wayang Kulit (shadow play). The BOP’s die-cut pages are brought to life when illuminated with torchlights and batteries, by casting shadows on walls. The campaign transformed a product used only for emergencies into a brand of daily bonding and relevance.
- ADK TAIWAN won 2 Gold AMEs Gold for House of Little Moments for Uni Noodle. It transformed instant noodles into a mood enhancing brand via micro movies, inventive recipes and a brick-and-mortar noodle shop.
- HEIMAT Werbeagentur won a Gold AME for The Hornbach Spring Collection. This turned well-worn work clothes into metaphorical badges of honour and then gave their owners literal badges of honour in the form of clothing labels to home project enthusiasts.
- Ogilvy Germany’s Rabbit Race for Media Markt, Germany’s largest consumer electronics retail chain, used celebrity racing rabbits for a live marketing event race that allowed customers who shopped at Media Markt to win a 50% cash-back coupon for the value of their last purchase—but only if the winning bunny’s number matched the number on their receipt.
- BBDO New York won 5 Gold AME Awards for the following campaigns:
- Mountain Dew Kickstart Comes Alive for Mountain Dew Kickstart
- #HORSEwithHarden for Foot Locker
- Fight of the Century for Foot Locker
- Cigarettes Out. Health In for CVS Health
- #FixInSix: The Quickest Quick Tips for Lowe’s.
- won 2 Gold AMEs for MasterCard, with OneMoreDay. The campaign stood up to an obsessive work culture, encouraging people to take #OneMoreDay and make it priceless with MasterCard.
View the entire winner’s showcase here.