The first ever D&AD Impact Award presentation, applauding work that both benefits both society and brands, has been held in New York.
Australia won 1 White Pencil, 5 Graphite Pencils and 4 Wood Pencils. The company, BeeInventive Australia, won a White Pencil for its Flow Hive, that extracts honey without harming bees.
New Zealand won 1 White Pencil. Colenso BBDO won a White Pencil for Brewtroleum for DB Breweries.
Black Pencils were awarded to:
- Marcel Paris , Inglorious Fruits & Vegetables for Intermache
- Grey Canada, Taking Aim At Corporate America (Groceries not Guns) for Moms Demand Action For Gun Sense in America
87 Pencils were awarded in 12 categories: communication and interaction, community, diversity and equality, education, environmental sustainability, financial empowerment, humanitarian aid, health and wellness, industry evolution, government engagement, responsible production and consumption, and urban living.
20 White Pencils were awarded:
Marcel’s Inglorious Fruits & Vegetables and Grey Canada’s Taking Aim at Corporate America were given White Pencils.
With them were:
- R/GA,Love Has No Labels for the Ad Council
• We Believers, Edible Six-Pack Rings, for Saltwater Brewery
- Droga5’s The is Wholesomeness campaign for Honeymaid
- David Buenos Aires, #ManBoobs4Boobs, for MACMA
- JWT Colombia, Lifesaver Backpack, for Casa Luker
- Pinkwater & Putman, Fair Food Program Branding Campaign, for Coalition of Immokalee Workers
- Venables Bell & Partners’ #OPtOUtside, for REI
- Cohn and Jansen JWT’s Purity Test won for Valvis Holding
- JWT Bangkok, Touchable Ink, for Thai Samsung Electronics
- Leo Burnett Chicago & London/Holler #LikeAGirl campaign, for P&G
- Ogilvy & Mather, Mumbai’s Beauty Tips by Reshma, for Make Love Not Scars
- Colenso BBDO, Brewtroleum, for DB Breweries, for DB Export
- Grey London, Ryman Eco, for Ryman
- BeeInventive Australia, Flow Hive, for BeeInventive Pty Ltd
- Forsman & Bodenfors, The Organic Effect, for Coop
- Publicis London Depaul Box Co, for Depaul UK
- PHD India’s The Story of an Unborn Child – Chamki, for Hindustan Unilever Limited
- Edelman Deportivo’s Give a Beep, for Hovding
- DigitasLBi North America’s Care Counts won for Whirlpool
- BBDO India’s Dads #ShareTheLoad won for P&G India
Flow Hive, a new kind of beehive by BeeInventive
Saatchi & Saatchi Sydney (x 3), LandCruiser Emergency Network, for Toyota
Leo Burnett Sydney, brainBAND for Samsung Australia
GPY&R Melbourne & Brisbane, Melanoma Likes Me for Melanoma Patients Australia
Leo Burnett Sydney, Just for WWF Australia
Leo Burnett Melbourne (x2), Reword for headspace
Leo Burnett Melbourne, #MyFamilyCan for SPC Ardmona
View all the winners here: dad-impact-winners-2016