The Miami Ad School is taking bookings for its next after hours boot camp. The 12-week Creative Planning boot camp will run from September 17 to December 7.
Clemenger planning & creative duo, Rob Dougan, head of strategy and Ben Clare, creative director will lead The Pitch class where students create the strategy and ideas for live briefs.
Awarded R/GA creative team, Damo Martinez and Nico Smith, will teach brand story writing and visual content creation in the Creative Toolbox class. In the five years working together, the team has won global awards Cannes Lions, D&AD, LIA, Clio Awards and Effies.
The Miami Ad School Creative Planning boot camp is recommended for planners, creatives, account and brand managers who want to accelerate or change their career. In week 12 of boot camp students have the opportunity to present their portfolio to potential employers.
Dougan commented, ‘The Creative Planning boot camp will help juniors short-cut their career into mid-level positions.”
“Planners not only pick up the skills necessary to make it as a planner, but they also, just as importantly, develop a creative mindset. We’re always finding that creatives generate better ideas if they’re able to think strategically,” added Clare.
Martinez noted “Learning how to properly write a branded idea is a powerful tool that not only will help the students on a professional level, but will also boost their confidence when expressing themselves.”
“After concept and writing, the visual aspect of an idea is key. A good portfolio has to be thought provocative and visually striking in order to stand out from the rest,” stated Smith.
The Clemenger and R/GA instructors will be joined by Sydney planning talent, who will conduct intensive workshops on specific planning topics:
- Karl Bates, Executive Planning Director, BWM Dentsu
- Ryan O’Connell, Head of Strategy, Ogilvy
- Dominique Hickey, Planning Partner, DDB
- Sam Geer, National Strategy Director, UM
- Robert Harding-Smith, Planning Director, Clemenger
- Ian MacDonald, Head of Strategy, McCann
- Iona MacGregor, Chief Strategy Officer, Publicis
- Dominic McCarthy, Head of Qualitative Strategy, The Leading Edge
- Alexandra Roubine, Social Director, Leo Burnett
- Richard Spicer, Marketing Consultant
- Julia Vargiu, Founder & Principal, New Business Methodologies and Director Australia, SI Partners Global