MullenLowe Group’s sponsorship of the Central Saint Martins annual Degree Shows continues for another year. The MullenLowe NOVA Awards celebrate the most exceptional work from across the London art, design and performance college and give graduating students the opportunity to shine in the professional world at the start of their careers.
This year, all nominees for the 2020 MullenLowe NOVA Awards will be exhibited online on the Central Saint Martins Graduate Showcase, covering courses across art, design, fashion and performance. From 1,300 graduating students, 46 are nominated, 14 are shortlisted and just five awards are presented to students whose work represents truly original creative thinking and execution.
Jose Miguel Sokoloff, global president of MullenLowe Group Global Creative Council and chief creative officer, MullenLowe Group UK, stated, “This year in particular, we celebrate the ingenuity of the students and their ability to push the boundaries of creative thinking in response to the world around us. I’m looking forward to seeing how these brilliant young minds present a vision of the future and demonstrate how they can shape how we live in this ever-changing world.
“It’s a true privilege for us to celebrate some of the most exceptional work from possibly the best creative arts college in the world, and I have no doubt the students will once again impress us with their original perspectives and challenge us to view things through a different lens.”
Professor Jeremy Till, head of Central Saint Martins and pro vice-chancellor of the University of the Arts London, added, “The UAL online showcase provides a brilliant opportunity for our students to present their work to a global audience. What we are already witnessing is how the students have adapted to the new conditions with remarkable agility and resilience, producing exactly the sort of work that will be needed in the face of the world that we are all now encountering. I am sure that this will be celebrated in the MullenLowe NOVA Awards, the pioneering collaboration with MullenLowe Group that recognises the very best in the innovation and creativity of our graduates.”
In addition to one overall winner and two runners up, MullenLowe Group client, Unilever, will present the #Unstereotype Award to recognise work that breaks away from limiting and outdated stereotypes. For the 5th consecutive year, the winner of the YourNOVA Award will be chosen by the public. Voting for the people’s choice award will open online in August.
The MullenLowe NOVA Awards will be judged by a panel of experts across art, design and advertising. Nominated work can be viewed online at the Central Saint Martins Graduate Showcase from Tuesday July 28. The shortlist will be announced in August and winners announced in an online ceremony in September.
MullenLowe NOVA Awards 2020 Judging Panel:
- Sara Gulamali – Central Saint Martins alumni, Winner of the Unilever #Unstereotype Award at the 2019 MullenLowe NOVA Awards
- Hannah Hayes-Westall – founder of FAD magazine & The Art of Conversation
- Suhair Khan – Strategic Projects at Google
- Kelly Mullen – Head of Entertainment, Unilever
- Jose Miguel Sokoloff – Global President, MullenLowe Group Creative Council, Chief Creative Officer, MullenLowe Group
- Ana Sokoloff – founding partner of sokoloff + associates, art advisory company based in New York
Key MullenLowe NOVA Award dates for 2020:
- Central Saint Martins Graduate Showcase: Tuesday 28 July – online
- Final MullenLowe NOVA Awards shortlist announcement: Monday 24 August
- YourNOVA judging: Monday 24 August – Friday 4 September
- Award ceremony and winners announced: Thursday 10 September
Find more information and view the 2019 MullenLowe NOVA Award winners here.