New York Festivals International Advertising Awards has announced the 2018 Grand Jury of 300+ chief creative officers, executive creative directors, creative directors, art directors, copywriters, executive producers, and marketing & PR professionals from 50 countries in North America, Latin America, Europe, Middle East & Africa and Asia Pacific.
The Grand Jury will review global entries through two rounds of judging and select the creative work that merits Finalist Status. These entries will then move on to the medallist round, where the Executive Jury will choose the trophy winners. NYF’s Grand Jury is also the first line of defence, scrutinising ads to provide security against possible scam ads.
Nineteen top creatives from Australia and New Zealand have been chosen for the Grand Jury. They are:
- Sam Long, Executive Producer, Goodoil Films
- Edward Pontifex, Executive Producer, The Sweet Shop
- Loren Bradley, Executive Producer, The Sweet Shop
- Nicholas Ponzoni, Owner & VFX Supervisor, Blackbird
- Lucio Riberio, Creative Director, The Online Circle
- Michael Mrakovcic, Founder & Creative Director, DNA
- Kirsten Dreese, Creative Director, Satsuma Creative
- Freya Beaton, Head of Creative, The Online Circle
- Brendan Donnelly, Creative Director, M&C Saatchi
- Sharon Edmondston, Creative Director, M&C Saatchi
- David Joubert, Executive Creative Director, Y&R SYD
- Andrew Simpson, Design Director, Vert Design
- Nancy Hartley, Creative Partner, Rumble Creative & Media
- Derry Simpson, Group Managing Director, 303 MullenLowe
- Maria Devereux, Creative Group Head, Colenso BBDO
- Brigid Alkema, Creative Director, Clemenger BBDO
- Beth O’Brien, Creative Group Head, Colenso BBDO
- Kim Pick, Creative Director, Colenso BBDO
- Natalie Knight, Creative Group Head, Colenso BBDO
View the entire 2018 Grand Jury here.
“NYF’s juries are dedicated to the process of selecting the World’s Best Advertising, these creatives that are nominated to serve on the jury provide both their time and creative insights to ensure that the best creative work from around the globe is honoured,” stated Michael Demetriades, President/Executive Director of New York Festivals International Advertising Awards.
“Their creativity and industry expertise represent the diverse range of creative talent present in today’s international advertising space.”
The 2018 competition entry deadline is January 31. Everything you need to know to enter is here.
Cover image l-r: David Joubert, Edward Pontifex & Sam Long