NYF Advertising Awards has announced its 2020 winners, chosen by the video conference. The Executive Jury awarded NYF Best of Show Award, 10 Grand Awards, 87 Gold Tower Awards, 176 Silver, and 188 Bronze.
Hakuhodo’s 10 Second Drama: The Stop Line of Love won the New York Festivals Best of Show Award for JMS. Its campaign for Japanese car accessory and maintenance store, JMS, highlighted the brand’s wide selection of items through a series of 10-second dramas. The episodes were modelled after a favourite Japanese daytime soap opera. The campaign also won a Grand Award and a Gold Tower.
Australia won 2 Gold, 4 Silver and 5 Bronze Awards.
Alt.VFX, If You Have The Will, We Have The Way, for Bank Of Melbourne, in Film Craft, Visual Effects
Ogilvy Australia, AAMI Warning Spots, for AAMI, in Best Use of Audio/Radio, Streaming
Alt.VXF: If You Have The Will, We Have The Way, for Bank Of Melbourne, in Film Craft, Animation
CHE Proximity, Curing Homesickness, for Sydney Children’s Hospitals Foundation, in Collaborations & Partnerships: Products & Services, Health & Wellness
Cummins&Partners, Jeep Data Drag Race, for Jeep, in Creative Marketing Strategy/Effectiveness, Creative use of Data
Ogilvy Australia, AAMI Warning Spots, for AAMI, in Best Use of Audio/Radio, Social/Environmental Good: Brand
CHE Proximity, Curing Homesickness, for Sydney Children’s Hospitals Foundation, in Avant-Garde/Innovative, Social/Environmental Good: Charity/Non-Profit
Cummins&Partners, Walk Like A Woman for Plan International, in Best Use of Audio/Radio, Social/Environmental Good: Charity/Non-Profit
Isobar Australia, The Perfect Candidate, for Isobar Australia, in Creative Marketing Strategy/Effectiveness, Creative Use of Data
Ogilvy Australia, Six Word Scholarship, for Ogilvy Australia, in Bst use of Direct & Collateral, Small Budget/Big Idea
The Grand Award winners are:
- Activation & Engagement: BBDO Atlanta, Stop Traffick, for Street Grace
- Avant-Garde/Innovative: Forsman & Bodenfors, The E.V.A. Initiative, for Volvo Car Corporation
- Design: Superunion, London Symphony Orchestra: Dancing on the edge of a Volcano, for London Symphony Orchestra
- Direct & Collateral: Scholz & Friends Berlin, The Tampon Book: a book against tax discrimination, for The Female Company
- Film: TBWA Hakuhodo, 10 Sec. Drama: The Stop Line of Love, for JMS
- Film Craft: Jung von Matt, The Small Escape for BMW
- Outdoor: BBDO Atlanta, Stop Traffick, Street Grace
- Positive World Impact: Serviceplan Germany, Dot Translate, for Dot Inc
- Social Media & Influencer: K’s Galleries, Eva Stories, for K’s Galleries
- Sports: TBWA Hakuhodo, The Most Challenging PingPong Table, for Japan Para Table Tennis Association
View the complete list of the 2020 winners here: Winners.
The New York City Award, a special category for NYF’s Advertising Awards, is awarded to celebrate advertising that captures the vibe of New York City. A Gold Tower Award was awarded to Hudson Rouge for The City That Sleeps for Lincoln Motor Company. Lincoln collaborated with ambient artist Anders Rhedin to create an 8-hour long album, released on Spotify and as a vinyl record. The album, inspired by specific New York neighbourhoods most disturbing sounds, were re-engineered by Rhedin, and crafted into soothing soundscapes with layers of white noise to help people sleep.
The 2020 New York Festivals special industry awards, Global Agency of the Year, Global Brand of the Year, Independent Agency of the Year, and Regional Agencies of the Year will be announced on Monday, May 11.
New York Festivals, in partnership with the United Nations Department of Public Information, appoints a United Nations panel to select public service work that exemplifies the aims and ideals of the United Nations. The United Nations Department of Global Communications (UNDGC), will determine this year’s UNDGC Awards when the UN and the Department of Global Communications resume regular business hours.