New York Festivals AME Awards for the World’s Best Advertising and Marketing Effectiveness has announced its 2019 finalists. The Grand Jury evaluated an impressive 26% more entries submitted from 26 countries this year.
Leo Burnett Melbourne is the only Australian agency to make it into the finalists lists. But it has done so five times, for Australian Marriage Equality, For Every Bachelor and Bachelorette: How We Shifted the Narrative Around The Marriage Equality Plebiscite.
There were several new categories, including a new Category Group, Creativity for Positive Impact. Finalists in this group include:
- Save the Food – Phase Two (Environment and Sustainability) by Publicis Sapient for the Ad Council
- share (Philanthropic appeals) created for and by share
- Disgusting Stories (Promotion of Health & Human Services) by TBWA\Santiago Mangada Puno for Bahay Tuluyan
- Uber Moms (Collaboration/Partnerships) Zulu Alpha Kilo for Uber Canada
- Human Rights Campaign (Promotion of Peace/Human Rights) by Havas Champagne Company for Human Rights Cambodia
- Pink Triangle Issue (Civic/Social Education) Serviceplan Group for Vangardist
- Responsible Drinking Campaign – Lost and Found Museum (Civic/Social Education) by BBH Shanghai for Harbin Beer
- BlindMeters (Promotion of Health & Human Services) Happiness / An FCB alliance for OVK / PEVR (Parents of Road Victims).
Innovative ideas did well. Standout examples are:
ADK Taiwan’s Rhythm of Love Wall for 7-Eleven Taiwan encouraged consumer to donate spare change via an interactive installation wall with 12 pairs of realistic hands capable of creating 200,000 continuous rhythms to applaud donations. Donations were also collected via the mobile website. Consumers created their own clapping rhythm online and the user-generated content was transmitted back to the installation and heard in store. Results—donations raised up 200%, hitting a record-breaking high and earning $9,680,000 in media impressions.
Kamp Grizzly’s Kamp Grizzly – adidas 747 Warehouse St. for adidas created a popular brand experience during NBA Allstar week. The two-day unified brand event celebrated basketball culture and fashion for streetwear natives. Installations and interactive content resulted in over 1.5 million registered consumers at event landing page, 25,000 consumer sign-ups, 18,000 attendees over the course of two days, 94,815 product-raffle scans and over $850,000 in merchandise sales.
Technology in advertising also came to the fore:
- In Oreo Box, Inspire Communications Group used AR to turn every Oreo into a virtual game. Oreo went viral with a push from music celebrity Wang Yuan.
- In The McDelivery Pin, Leo Burnett Manila erected a 14-foot landmark linked to the McDelivery app allowing customers to order food online with the Pin as the delivery point.
- In VW China | Play Share Connect Beijing DDB Needham Advertising (Shanghai Branch) used gamification to engage young Chinese mobile users to show off VW’s new features.
Creative partnerships featured:
Adoptify Serviceplan by Germany for Tierschutzverein Muenchen is an example. Pet adoptions spiked when Spotify partnered with a Munich-based animal shelter to match pets with owners based on their taste in music. The campaign achieved earned media of 6.5 million Euros, a 340% rise in adoption requests and saw animal shelters worldwide adopt the campaign.
Hornbach Werkstück Edition by Heimat Werbeagentur Berlin for HORNBACH Baumarkt Hornbach recruited Danish architect Sigurd Larsen for the WERKSTÜCK Edition. Larsen’s Lounge Chair couldn’t be bought, it had to be built from scratch. Results—design-conscious HORNBACH customers increased by an unprecedented degree. (+12%).