The NYF Festivals Advertising Awards have been announced for 2019. Best of Show, 7 Grand Prize Awards, 71 First Prize Awards, 209 Second Prize Awards, and 205 Third Prize Awards were presented.
BWM Dentsu has shared the Regional Agency of the Year Award Asia Pacific, as well as 2 Grand Awards, one in Digital/Mobile and the other in Avant-Garde/Innovative, for Project Revoice, ALS Association
- Marcel Paris has won Best of Show for Black Supermarket for Carrefour. Carrefour challenged the agrochemical lobby and law that allows access to only 3% of existing fruits and vegetables in the Official Catalogue of Authorized Species. The campaign challenged people to go to the Black Supermarket and to sign the petition to change the law. Black Supermarket also earned a Grand Award, 3 First Prize Awards, 8 Second Prize Awards and 3 Finalist Certificates.
- BBDO Worldwide won 2019 Global Agency Network of the Year. The network earned 1 Grand Award, 10 First Prize Awards, 29 Second Prize Awards, 21 Third Prize Awards and 34 Finalist Certificates.
- Toyota won Global Brand of the Year Award
- Serviceplan Group Germany is the Independent Agency of the Year.
- Stink Films London is Production Company of the Year.
The Regional Agency of the Year Awards went to:
- North America – Saatchi & Saatchi LA/Dallas
- Latin America – AlmapBBDO Brazil
- Asia Pacific – BWM Dentsu Sydney & Cheil Hong Kong (tie)
- Europe – Marcel France
- MENA – TBWA\RAAD United Arab Emirates
“Thank you New York Festivals for the Regional Agency of the Year, North America, recognition. The phrase, Nothing is Impossible, captures the spirit of Saatchi & Saatchi. I’m extremely proud of our talented teams in Los Angeles and Dallas for bringing this spirit to life and consistently creating iconic Toyota campaigns,” stated Chuck Maguy, chief executive officer, Saatchi & Saatchi Los Angeles/Dallas
“It’s a huge honour to be recognised by the New York Festivals as Regional Agency of the Year APAC. We’d like to thank all our clients for believing in the power of brave ideas, especially Brian Frederick at the ALS Association. And a special thanks to the man himself, Pat Quinn, for inspiring us with your bravery and fearlessness. This one’s for you Pat,” commented, Asheen Naidu, executive creative director, BWM Dentsu Sydney
“We’re truly humbled. New York Festivals is one of the world’s top creative award shows—with the best-looking trophies, bar none. So, to be named Regional Agency of the Year (APAC) for the second year running is a surprise and beyond all expectations. Congrats to everyone involved,” stated Paul Chan, chief creative officer, Cheil Hong Kong
“It is a great honour to be named Regional Agency of the Year 2019 for the MENA at the New York Festivals Advertising Awards. Having our work recognised by the creative community of this prestigious show makes us strive for bigger achievements and look forward to greater partnerships with our clients,” commented Walid Kanaan, chief creative officer, TBWA\RAAD United Arab Emirates
The New York Festivals Grand Awards went to:
- Activation & Engagement: Marcel France, Black Supermarket for Carrefour
- Avant-Garde/Innovative: BWM Dentsu Australia, Project Revoice for ALS Association
- Collaborations & Partnerships: Pages BBDO, The Day Women Left the Set for La Sirena
- Design: BETC France, Save our Species for Lacoste
- Digital/Mobile: BWM Dentsu Australia, Project Revoice, ALS Association
- Film Craft: Dollar Shave Club USA, Get Ready for Dollar Shave Club
- Print: McCann Spain, Fresh Prints for Aldi
The New York City Award, a new category for NYFA was awarded to celebrate advertising that captures the vibe of New York City. The First Prize Award went to BBH, Freedom to F*ck for Planned Parenthood NYC.
Each year, New York Festivals, in partnership with the United Nations Department of Public Information, appoints a UN panel to select public service work that exemplifies the aims and ideals of the United Nations.
1st: UNDPI Award: Philipp und Keuntje Germany, Shitty Paper Made from Hate, for Goldeimer
2nd: BETC Brazil, The Dissolving Poster, for Habitat For Humanity
3rd: Serviceplan France, Autism Can Work, for ANDROS / Vivre et travailler autrement
Find the complete list of the 2019 of award-winning entries here.