The second round of One Show 2019 winners have been announced in New York.
The One Show 2019 Best in Show has been won by Wieden+Kennedy Portland with Park Pictures Los Angeles and Joint Portland for Dream Crazy for Nike.
The One Show Penta Pencil, awarded to the agency and brand who have created stellar creative work for the last five years, was presented adam&eveDDB London and John Lewis & Partners London.
This year’s special awards went to:
- In-house Agency of the Year: Spotify
- Network of the Year: DDB Worldwide
- Creative Holding Company of the Year: Omnicom Group
- Production Company of the Year: MPC
- Client of the Year: Nike
CHE Proximity, BWM Dentsu and Clemenger BBDO Melbourne have all won Pencils at the second One Show Awards presentation in New York. Australia won 8 Pencils.
- CHE Proximity Melbourne won 1 Gold for Safety Hub for AIG in Mobile, Applications, 1 Gold for Velocity Frequent Flyer The Earnbassadors in Social Media, Social Engagement – User-Generated Content:
plus 1 Silver Pencil in Creative Use of Data, Targeting, 1 Bronze Pencil in Mobile, Utility and 1 Bronze Pencil for AutoAds for carsales.com.au in Interactive & Online, Websites – Utility.
- BWM Dentsu Sydney won 1 Silver Pencil for Project Revoice for The ALS Association in Direct Marketing, Craft – Use of Digital Technology and 1 Bronze in Direct Marketing, Craft – Data-Driven Personalisation.
- Clemenger BBDO Melbourne won 1 Bronze for Myer Naughty or Nice Bauble in Mobile, Physical Product & Mobile Integration.
New Zealand’s winners:
Oat The Goat for Ministry of Education NZ won all of New Zealand’s Pencils
- Assembly Auckland won 2 Gold Pencils for Oat The Goat, 1 in Digital Craft, Visual & Audio Craft – Animation and 1 in Interactive & Online, Craft – Art Direction.
- FCB New Zealand won 1 Silver Pencil in Digital Craft, Visual & Audio Craft – Sound and 1 Bronze in Interactive & Online, Online Video – Interactive Video for Oat The Goat
Best of Discipline winners for the second night of The One Show were:
- Creative Use of Data: McCann London with Craft/McCann London, Somesuch London and Twentyfour Seven Madrid, Football Decoded, for Microsoft Xbox
- Digital Craft: 360i New York, Westworld: The Maze, for HBO
- Direct Marketing: TBWA\Chiat\Day New York with Rebel & Rogue New York and Design by Disruption New York, Billie Jean King Your Shoes, for Adidas
- Experiential & Immersive: FCB New York with O Positive New York, The Whopper Detour, for Burger King
- Film: Droga5 New York, The Truth Is Worth It, for The New York Times
- Integrated: Nike Beaverton with Wieden+Kennedy Portland, Park Pictures Los Angeles and Joint Portland, Dream Crazy, for Nike
- Interactive & Online: VIRTUE Copenhagen, adDRESS THE FUTURE, for Carlings
- Mobile: MullenLowe SSP3 Bogotá with Macarena Films Bogotá and Cainkade New York, My Line, for Ministry of Technology & Communication of Colombia
- Print & Outdoor: Wieden+Kennedy Portland, Dream Crazy, for Nike
- Social Influencer Marketing: adam&eveDDB London, #TrollingIsUgly, for The Cybersmile Foundation
- Social Media: Wieden+Kennedy Portland, Dream Crazy, for Nike
The 2019 CMO Pencil was won by David Rubin, chief marketing officer at The New York Times. The jury of 10 leading global CMOs selected The Truth Is Worth It as the world’s single most impactful idea on a brand’s business from the past year. The jury picked the work, by Droga5 New York, from among this year’s 20 highest-scoring entries including Best of Discipline winners, narrowly beating out Nike Dream Crazy by Wieden+Kennedy Portland.
569 Pencils were awarded for both nights of The One Show 2019 – 180 Gold, 178 Silver and 211 Bronze. 19,445 pieces were entered this year from 73 countries.
View the complete list of Pencil winners here.