BWM Dentsu Sydney has done Australia proud at the first night of the One Show Awards, with three Gold Pencils and a Silver, all for Project Revoice for The ALS Association. Two of the Golds were in the Radio & Audio discipline, one for Experiential and one for Innovation. The third Gold was in Health Wellness & Pharma, Digital – Use of Technology. The work also won a Silver Cube in Health Wellness & Pharma, Innovation.
VMLY&R Melbourne won two Silver Pencils in Health Wellness & Pharma for Sip Safe for Monash University – one each in Direct Marketing and Innovation in Health & Wellness.
Naked Communications Melbourne won a Bronze for Sans Forgetica for RMIT University Melbourne in Intellectual Property, Digital Product.
There were 85 Gold, 92 Silver and 99 Bronze Pencils awarded for work from 23 countries. A total of 19,445 pieces were entered this year from 73 countries.
The top Gold Pencil winners:
adam&eveDDB London with Campaign Against Living Miserably (CALM) London and This Morning ITV London with eight, all for Project 84 for CALM.
Droga5 New York won seven Gold Pencils, including four for The New York Times The Truth Is Worth It in Moving Image Craft (one of them with Furlined Santa Monica), two for Tourism Australia Dundee: The Son of a Legend Returns Home (one each in Branded Entertainment and Public Relations) and one with Wieden+Kennedy New York and Bud Light New York for HBO Game of Thrones x Bud Light – Joust in Branded Entertainment.
McCann New York won seven Golds, including three for March for Our Lives Price On Our Lives, all in Public Relations; three for MGM Resorts International Universal Love Songs, two in Branded Entertainment and one in Radio & Audio; and one for State Street Global Advisors Fearless Girl in Creative Effectiveness.
Best of Discipline winners:
- Branded Entertainment: DDB Chicago Broadway the Rainbow for Mars Wrigley Confectionery
- Creative Effectiveness Wieden+Kennedy Portland Dream Crazy for Nike
- Design: The New York Public Library New York with Mother New York Insta Novels for The New York Public Library
- Health Wellness & Pharma: AMVBBDO London Viva La Vulva for Essity
- Intellectual Property: FCB Inferno London Story Sign for Huawei
- Moving Image Craft: Sra Rushmore SA Madrid with Blur Films Madrid Hope for International Committee of the Red Cross
- Public Relations: Leo Burnett Chicago Legal-ade for Kraft Heinz Country Time Lemonade
- Radio & Audio: BWM Dentsu Sydney Project Revoice for The ALS Association
The One Show special awards:
- The One Show Green Pencil, recognising the most environmentally conscious creative work for the year:
BETC Paris, Save Our Species for Lacoste.
- The Gold One Show Cultural Driver Award, recognising influential ideas and executions that had a major impact in their respective cultures and environments outside the traditional categories:
Wieden+Kennedy Portland with Park Pictures Los Angeles and Joint Portland, Dream Crazy for Nike.
View all the first night Pencil winners here.
The second night of The One Show, awarding work in Creative Use of Data, Digital Craft, Direct Marketing, Experiential & Immersive, Film, Integrated, Interactive & Online, Mobile, Print & Outdoor, Social Influencer Marketing, Social Media and special awards such as Best of Show, Agency of the Year, CMO Pencil and Penta Pencil, will take place on Friday, May 10, 2019 in New York.