In December last year, The One Club for Creativity, added Health Wellness & Pharmaceutical as a separate discipline in its awards to reflect the unique demands of those sectors.
The new division includes categories, Over-the-Counter, Dietary Supplements/Nutraceuticals, OTC Products & Equipment, Prescription/Pharmaceuticals, Health Services, Awareness/Advocacy/Education/Fundraising and Business-to-Business.
It has now chosen its first ever jury, representing nine countries. June Laffey, executive creative director, Australia and Southeast Asia, McCann Health in Sydney has been selected as one of its members.
The full jury is:
- Amit Akali, executive creative director, Medula Communications, Mumbai, India
- Stephanie Berman, partner, chief creative officer, The Bloc, New York, NY, USA
- Allison Ceraso, managing director, chief creative officer, Havas Life, New York, NY, USA
- Kathy Delaney, global chief creative officer, PublicisHealth/Saatchi Wellness, New York, NY, USA
- Todd Henwood, vice president, creative director, GSW Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Mirko Kaminski, founder, executive creative director, Achtung Kommunication, Hamburg, Germany
- June Laffey, executive creative director, Australia and Southeast Asia, McCann Health, Sydney, Australia
- Brett O’Connor, executive creative director, VCCP Health, London, UK
- Carles Puig, executive creative director, Grey Health, Santiago, Chile
- Bernardo Romero, senior vice president, group creative director, Area 23, New York, NY, USA
- Michael Schreiber, executive creative director, DDB Health, New York, NY, USA
- Ricardo Sciammarella Pereira, executive creative director, Ogilvy, São Paulo, Brazil
- Masaya Shimizu, planning director, Dentsu, Tokyo, Japan
- Joan Wildermuth, executive director, chief creative officer, Juice, New York, NY, USA
The One Show is open for entries until January 31. Enter here.
“This new jury consists of esteemed creative professionals from around the world who specialise in this unique field where work often needs to pass both creative and regulatory muster,” stated Kevin Swanepoel, chief executive officer, The One Club for Creativity.
“Health, wellness and pharma continue to be fast-growing segments with their own unique regulatory challenges, and the creative work deserves to be judged by a separate dedicated jury of advertising experts.”
“Soon after launching One Show Rx in 2000 as the ad industry’s first awards show for pharma, we recognised that much of the work was not yet up to One Show Pencil standards and rolled the discipline back into the overall One Show four years later,” Swanepoel added.
“Today, health wellness and pharma deserve to be a separate discipline due to the elevated quality of the work.”
The One Show judging takes place in March 2018. Finalists will be announced in April. The One Show awards ceremonies will be held on May 9 and 11, during Creative Week in New York.