There’s only one international festival dedicated to film craft in advertising and content, Ciclope. The annual festival held its 2016 awards presentation in Berlin on November 4.
Photoplay won 2 Silvers for:
- AirBnB’s A Different Paris, for Production Design in Commercials, directed by Scott Otto-Anderson and produced by Photoplay for TBWA Singapore
- Fading Symphony, in Sound – Best Adapted Music, produced by Photoplay for ad agency The Works and MND Australia. Don’t Dream It’s Over was arranged and conducted by Benjamin Northey
During the event, more than 100 entries were awarded. Four were Grands Prix:
- We’re the Superhumans, directed by Dougal Wilson, created by Blink and 4Creative, for Channel 4
- Never Alone, directed by Tubby Brother, created by Stinkfilm and AMVBBDO London for Guinness
- Lou Dalton, directed by Fred Rowson, created by Colonel Blimp for River Island
- Gosh, directed by Romain Gavras, created by Iconoclast Content for Jamie XX.
This year’s Special Awards:
- Production Company of the Year: Stinkfilm.
- Digital Company of the Year: MediaMonks.
- Sound Company of the Year: 750 MPH.
- Visual Effects Company of the Year: Framestore.
- Editing Company of the Year: Work Editorial.
- Agency of the Year: Droga5.
The Special Awards are calculated ion a points system. 1 point is awarded for a finalist submission, 3 points for a Bronze award, 5 points for a Silver award, 7 points for a Gold award and 10 points for a Grand Prix.