Miami Ad School’s Boot Camp for account planning is coming to Australia.
The Boot Camp for Account Planners was developed by the Miami Ad School for the US. It became an adland hit throughout the world. After a hugely successful ten year run in the US and Europe, it’s being shipped to Sydney.
How Boot Camp works:
- “Crammed into eleven, back-breaking, mind-expanding weeks this Boot Camp takes up to twenty naturally intuitive people and turns them into lean, mean, planning machines.” Expect to work hard.
- Each week, a different leader takes students through a topic essential to planning operations in an intensive, three-day, hands-on session.
- You will also spend one class a week exploring strategic, creative approaches to advertising problems and how to present them.
- For the remainder of the week, account planning students are teamed with art direction and copywriting students to produce a realistic scenario that precisely mirrors active duty itself.
- The creative students will execute campaigns based on the planning students’ insights, research and creative briefs. At the end of the program participants will graduate with professional account planning skills and a professional portfolio.
Boot Camp Aus has chosen 12 top strategists and creatives to lead the course:
|Al Crawford||Executive Planning Director||Clemenger BBDO|
|Fabio Burresti||Head of Strategy||The Monkeys|
|Jason Lonsdale||Executive Planning Director||Saatchi & Saatchi|
|Andy McCowan||Head of Insights||JWT|
|Dominic McCarthy||Head of Qualitative Strategy||The Leading Edge|
|Aaron Michie||Chief Innovation Officer||Zenith Optimedia|
|Ben Hourahine||Head of Strategy||Razorfish|
|Justin Graham||Chief Strategy Officer||M&C Saatchi|
|Russ Mitchinson||Head of Strategy||Leo Burnett|
|Adam Beaupeurt||Strategy Director||DT Ogilvy & Mather|
|Dan Gregory||President & CEO||The Impossible Institute|
|Simon Veksner||Creative Director||DDB|
Al Crawford, executive planning director at Clemenger BBDO explained, “Miami Ad School is known as the world’s leading training ground for planners and creatives. The planning discipline is one of the most exciting areas of advertising but in great need of well-trained entry-level recruits. We’re looking forward to seeing new talent graduating from our own boot camp.”
The Account Planning Boot Camp will be held in Sydney from 5 January to 27 March 2015.
The school is offering 20 places. Tuition costs are $5,500 incl. GST.
Candidates should have a naturally intuitive mind, a tertiary degree and some understanding of advertising, or preferably, already working in media, creative, account management or research.
Applicants must also pass the school’s admission criteria: