Publicis Groupe CEO, Arthur Sadoun and chairman, Maurice Lévy, are a fine comedy duo. This year, they’ve integrated their humour into the Cannes-Do awards presentation, held in an oddly empty Palais Des Festivals, but streamed exclusively on Marcel.
The winning work reflects the people’s choice of more than 15,000 Groupe employees, who voted on their favourite work from the 40 campaigns shortlisted by the Cannes-Do jury.
The winning work spans the variety of disciplines and regions across Publicis Groupe. In addition to 10 Client campaign awards and 5 Non-Profit campaign awards selected by employee voting, the Cannes-Do Awards included 2 special awards selected by the Cannes-Do jury.
The first special award is aptly named the Entente Cordiale Award. It rewards a great collaboration between France and the UK, and unexpectedly, between Publicis and WPP also p the Moldy Whopper for Burger King, which was created by Ingo Stockholm, David Miami and Publicis Romania and Spain.
This award was received in the presence of a very special guest:
The second special award, the Client Bravery Award, which recognises the bravery of a client to produce pioneering and progressive work, goes to Diesel for its consistently brave work including Enjoy before returning and more recently Francesca, all done in partnership with Publicis Italy.
Full Cannes-Do Winners List
- Secure Your Account for Emirates NBD by Leo Burnett Dubai
2. Project #ShowUs for Unilever by Razorfish New York
3. Social Engineering for Nissan by Epsilon Automotive Chicago
4. Bittu, The-75-Year-Old-Student for P&G by Leo Burnett India
5. Act for Food for Carrefour by Marcel Paris
6. Trapped in the Flavorverse for Pringles by Starcom Chicago
7. The French Exchange for Renault by Publicis•Poke London
8. Daniel Craig vs James Bond for Heineken by Publicis Italy
9. Keep Being You for Gilead by Digitas Health Philadelphia
10. JIF vs GIF for The J.M. Smucker Co by PSOne New York
Top Not-for-Profit Winners:
- Bee_nfluencer for Fondation de France by Publicis Conseil Paris
- Fake Views for Operation Black Vote by Saatchi & Saatchi London
3. For Jason for Black is Human by Burrell Communications Chicago
4. Eva Stories for K’s Gallery by Leo Burnett Israel
5. #StillSpeakingUP for Propuesta Civica by Publicis Mexico
About the Cannes-Do awards: 1,400 campaigns were submitted across 400 agencies, 60 countries, 110 cities. A 25-strong jury of Publicis’ creative leaders shortlisted 40 campaigns. 15,000 votes on Marcel from Publicis agencies across the globe selected the top 10 client campaigns and top 5 non-profit pieces. In addition, two special awards, Client Bravery and Entente Cordiale, were selected by Cannes-Do jury. The top 30 client winners and top 3 Non-Profit winners are invited to Cannes Lions 2021.
Production Company: Prodigious
Producer: Marc-Antoine Riou
Production Manager: Augustin Grégoire
Production Director: Sylvain Fusée
General Production Manager: Romain Guilbert
DOP: Arthur Cemin
First Assistant Director: Laure-Anne Nicolet
Chief Editor & Motion-designer – Théophile Guibout
Assistant Stage Manager: Antoine Gay.