BBDO has become Network of the Year at yet another advertising awards festival, this time the 56th Kinsale Shark Awards & Festival.
The Grand Prix was won by AMVBBDO for Libresse Viva La Vulva.
AMV BBDO also won Agency of the Year.
Winners came from the UK, Ireland, USA, France, Belgium, Thailand, Belgium, Canada, Australia, Poland, Hungary, Portugal, Argentina and Germany. The Irish Agency of the Year was Chemistry.
Stink was crowned Production Company of the Year
Motherland won Irish Production Company of the Year.
Final Cut won Edit House of the Year.
Australia won 4 Silvers and 1 Bronze:
- Revolver/Will O Rourke won 2 Silver for Foxtel’s Grave of Thrones.
- Revolver/Will O’Roukre won 1 Silver and 1Bronze for ANZ Signs of Love.
- Louis C. Brandt won 1 Silver for his short film What You See.
The Gold winners were:
FILM: 2 Golds were awarded.
- BBDO New York for AT&T’s Train
- AMVBBDO for Libresse Viva La Vulva.
FILM CRAFT: 16 Golds were awarded
- Droga5, Furlined and Final Cut all won for New York Times’ The Truth is Worth It
- Engine and RiffRaff for Women’s Aid for The Unedited Truth
- AMVBBDO for Libresse Viva La Vulva (x2)
- AMV BBDO for Missing Link films for Philips Shouting Men (x2)
- BBDO New York for AT&T The Shot
- Biscuit for Reebok Nails
- Electric Theatre Collective for Levi’s Use Your Vote
- Stink films for Getty’s Endless Stories
- Agile Films for Sainbury’s 150 Birthday Cake
- tenthree for The Department of Education’s Every Lesson Shapes A Life
ANIMATION: 9 Golds were awarded
- BBDO New York for AT&T Train (x 5)
- Nexus for Cheerios It’s All Family
- Nexus for Fender’s The Mystical Journey of Jimmy Page’s ’59 Telecaster
- Biscuit for Sipsmith Gin We Make Gin Not Compromises (x2)
PRINT/OUTDOOR: 2 Golds were awarded
Pulse Creative for The Times and Sunday Times, Anthony Joshua, Brian May, The Queen
JWT for HSBC UK, We Are Not An Island
PRINT/OUTDOOR CRAFT: 1 Gold was awarded
- JWT for HSBC UK, We Are Not An Island
DESIGN: 5 Golds were awarded
- Taxi Studio for Carlsberg brand Identity
- Rose for Bletchley Park Gin
- Droga5 for Coal Drops Yard
- Lightscape for the Westport Arts Festival
- Lightscape for The Irish National Lottery.
DESIGN CRAFT: 1 Gold was awarded
- Rose for Bletchley Park Gin
DIGITAL: 4 Golds were awarded
- makemepulse for Ubisoft, My Life as an NPC
- Publicis Sapient for The Sending Machine
- AMVBBDO for Libresse, Viva La Vulva
- BBDO New York, #DefyTheName for Monica Lewinsky (x3)
IMMERSIVE: 1 Gold was awarded
- The Mill for Fanta’s Twisted Carnival
SHORT FILM: 12 Golds were awarded
- Lucy Bridger @ Nice Shirt for Mothering in Under 15 mins
- Charlotte Regan @ Knucklehead for My Boy in Under 10 mins
- Jared Hogan @ Stink for White Male in Under 5 mins
- BBC Three for Alfie, The Odd-Job Boy of Clitheroe in Documentary
- Autobahn Productions, Castells, in Documentary
- Spindle, Tam Tam – Outside the Lines in Documentary
- Andrea Vinciguerra, No I Don’t Want to Dance, in Animated
- Allyn Quigley, Moth, in Irish
- Rocket Science, The Tattoo in Cinematography
- Jared Hogan @ Stink, White Male in Direction
- Charlotte Regan @ Knucklehead, My Boy, in Direction
- Three Pin Productions, A White Horse in Production Design
Find these films and all winners here.
Best New Director: Aaron Dunleavy from Hoi Polloi
Best New Graders: Katie Dymmock at Coffee & TV and Thomas Mangham at The Mill.
Best New DOP: Tom German at Aspect
Best New Editor: John Cutler at Motherland
Best New Music Composer: Austin Ray
Best New Sound Designers: Simon Bird and Damien Molony at Windmill Lane.