39 Gold Axis Awards and four Grand Prix were handed out at this year’s Axis Awards.
Sweetshop converted 27 finalist entries into 16 into trophies to become Production Company of The Year.
Sweetshop’s winners were:
- DB Export I’m Drinking it for you. Director: Damien Shatford x 4. Gold, Direction. Gold, Art Direction. Silver, Editing. Bronze, Cinematography.
- L&P Best Day Ever: Director: Damien Shatford x 3. Silver, Direction. Bronze, Cinematography. Silver: Art Direction
- Spark Play. Director: Mark Albiston x 4. Gold, Direction. Bronze, Editing. Gold, 3D Animation. Silver, Visual
- NZTA Distractions: Director: Jakob Marky x 4. Bronze, Direction. Gold, Editing. Gold, Cinematography. Bronze, Art Direction
- VW Youngest Brother. Director: Liz Murphy. Bronze, Direction.
- The Grand Prix also went to DB Export in Film & Screen and NZTA in Integrated.
The DDB Group won 8 Golds in its haul, to become Agency of the Year. DDB’s awards included the Brand Axis Award for its enduring brand work with Lotto NZ.
DDB New Zealand’s top awards were:
- LO5T for Lotto New Zealand x 4. Grand Prix, Direct. Gold, Creative Use of Media – Integrated. Gold, Direct Broadcast. Gold, Direct Campaign
- Black Laundry for Lion x 2. Gold, Ambient Outdoor. Gold, Brand Experience & Activation.
Clemenger BBDO Wellington won this year’s Grand Axis, sponsored by Facebook, for Belted Survivors for NZTA. The campaign also won three Golds in Craft for their Image, as well as Golds in Outdoor, Magazine, PR for social and digital, Integrated and a Grand Prix for Integrated.
The 2020 Client of the Year Award was won by NZTA.
Colenso BBDO won five Golds for DB Breweries’ I’m Drinking it For You in Original Soundtrack for Film and Video, Copywriting for Film and Video, TV over 30’, Long-form single and Non-Standard Audio/Radio. The film also won the Film & Screen Grand Prix. Colenso also won Gold for Every Dog has its Ad for Puppo in Creative Use of Data in Direct.
Stanley Street won three Gold Axis Awards, two for Auckland Transport’s The Most Dangerous Stunt in the World featuring Zoe Bell in Influencer and Social Video, and one for the Thank-you Button in Direct Physical for BP.
TBWA won Gold in Design for Mr Humphreez for ANZ
Special Group won Gold for Shark bait for Uber Eats in Transit Advertising.
Good Oil won Golds in Art Direction, Cinematography and Direction for NZ Meets Japan for Steinlager. It also won the Grand Prix in Direction.
The Editors won Gold in Editing for NZ Meets Japan.
Beatworms won Gold for its arrangement and production of Dave Dobbyn’s Slice of Heaven in NZ Meets Japan.
Alt.VFX won Gold in Moving Image – 3D for Dinosaur v Unicorn for AA insurance
The 2020 Emerging Talent Award was shared by Eliza Romanos & Gina Morgan from Colenso BBDO. The Google Student Challenge winners were Ashleigh Reid & Luke Ryan from Media Design School, for Lotto – What Could You Skip. The Coopers won the 2020 Lifetime Achievement Award.
Find all winners here: 2020_Winners_Axis