The ADC has begun looking for the next wave of creative excellence in craft. It is open for entries.
This year’s competition continues to offer a tiered pricing system designed to make it easier for smaller studios, agencies and freelancers to participate in the ADC Annual Awards.
The fee structure varies depending on whether the submitting firm is a design studio or ad agency. Design studios with between 2-20 employees get a discount (amount varies by discipline), while ad agencies with between 2-50 employees qualify for the tiered pricing discount. Freelance creatives and one-person shops in either design or advertising are eligible for an even greater reduction in their entry fee.
Find all the details here.
The One Club for Creativity has also chosen the 99th ADC Annual Awards jury presidents. They are:
- Advertising — Karen Costello, chief creative officer, The Martin Agency, Richmond, VA, USA
- Brand/Communication Design — Tosh Hall, global chief creative officer, Jones Knowles Ritchie, New York, NY, USA
- Experiential Design — Kate Dawkins, founder, creative director, Kate Dawkins Studio, London, UK
- Illustration — Kadir Nelson, artist, author, Kadir Nelson, Inc./The JKBN Group, Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Interactive — Mathias Appelblad, senior creative partner, Forsman & Bodenfors, Stockholm, Sweden
- Motion/Film/Gaming Craft — Jean Batthany, vice president, global creative, Disney Parks, Experiences + Products, The Walt Disney Company, Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Photography Design — Mark Seliger, photographer, Mark Seliger Studio, New York, NY, USA
- Publication Design — Luke Hayman, partner, Pentagram, New York, NY, USA
- Spatial Design — Refik Anadol, media artist, director, Refik Anadol Studio, Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Typography — Lauren Hom, lettering artist, Hom Sweet Hom Studio, Detroit, MI, USA
Jury chairs for Packaging/Product Design and Fashion Design, as well as full juries for all disciplines, will be announced shortly.
The deadline for entries is January 31, 2020. Enter here.
“Craft and innovation continue to be the intense focus of the ADC Annual Awards,” stated Kevin Swanepoel, chief executive officer, The One Club. “This year’s highly accomplished jury chairs are recognized creative leaders who are ideally suited to lead our juries and guide them to view the work through that lens during the judging process.”