The New York Festivals Midas Awards shortlist is out.
There are 317 finalist entries. Unsurprisingly, The US tops the tally with 178 finalists. South Africa is #2 with 40, Hong Kong is #3 with 18.
The United Kingdom has 15 finalists. Australia, Switzerland and Turkey have 11 each. Thailand has 9. Canada and Poland have 8 each. Brazil and Germany have 5. Norway has 2. Austria, Belgium and India have 1 each.
“Great work demands attention,” stated Scott Rose, executive director, Midas Awards. “and this year’s class of disruptive, entertaining, bar-raising entries did just that. The Grand Jury was fully engaged and the comments they left were filled with praise and admiration. Attention sought. Attention earned. I applaud these innovative campaigns and look forward to the Executive Jury laying their expert eyes upon them.”
McCann New York has achieved a record-breaking 65 shortlisted entries. McCann XBC has 20 entries. Grey Group Hong Kong, 17. FCB Africa, 16. Mortimer Harvey. 12, Mullen Lowe. 10. CJ Worx, 9. King James Group Johannesburg and Publicis Istanbul have 8 each. Publicis, Havas Worldwide Chicago and Groupe Connect have 6 each.
Australia’s finalists are:
- McCann Sydney, Tap for your Town, for Mastercard (x 7)
- Saatchi & Saatchi Sydney, Zombie Spending at Halloween for St George Ban (x 3)
- 303 MullenLowe, Invest in the World’s Best, for Magellan Financial Group
McCann NY’s star performers are:
- Can’t Judge A Book for Mastercard (x 25)
- Charlie’s Perfect Pitch for Mastercard (x 7)
- Stand up to Cancer with Mindy Kaling for Mastercard (x 6)
- Crazy Enough to Work for State Street Global Advisors (x 14)
Other big contenders are:
- CJ Worx, HI-SA-TI Brand for Krung Thai Bank (x 7)
- De Vito/Verdi, Laurel Road OOH, for Laurel Road (x 6)
- Grey Group Hong Kong, Innovative Business Exchange for HSBC (x 17)
- Grey Connect, Friends Again, for Bank of America (x 6)
- King James Group Johannesburg, Father’s Share, for Allan Grey (x 8)
- MullenLowe USA’s work for Nuveen (x 10)
- Mortimer Harvey, I Want to Make That, for ABSA CIB (x 8)
Shortlisted entries will move on to the secondary trophy round and will be judged by the Executive Jury who will award Gold and Silver Ingots to the highest scoring entries and determine the winner for the Midas Award for Innovation and the Grand Midas Award. The results will then be used to create the annual rankings brief, The Midas Report, the who’s-who of financial services advertising that includes the 3 individual reports, Agency, Brand and Network.
View the 2018 Midas Awards Finalists please visit: here.