Nick Law, chief creative officer of Publicis Groupe, President, Publicis Communications has become jury chairman of The Advertising Club of New York’s International Andy Awards – a nice tribute to the 54th Andys from Publicis, which had a strict awards ban last year. Law will lead a diverse, global jury as they choose the best ideas and the bravest creative work from around the world.
The Andys is also accepting entries.
The Andy Awards has already established greater awards transparency. In March this year, the Andys presented the first ever live look inside an industry awards jury room. More than 250,000 people watched to see what really goes in a judging room on Facebook Live and witnessed the final deliberations by eighteen of the world’s most creative leaders.
Now it has also created an awards process that serves the creative community better. The Andys has eliminated categories, to simplify the entry process and reflect shifts in the industry. While other shows renamed and reconfigured some of their categories, they still require multiple entries under separate categories. Andys entrants only need to submit their work once to be judged. From there, the judges will award standout work with additional merits for Craft, Reset (Innovation), and Bravery. The same integrated jury will also review and judge the student category.
“We couldn’t be more pleased that Nick has agreed to join us as we continue our journey to evolve the Andys and ensure we’re serving the creative community in a way that will move the industry forward,” stated Gina Grillo, President and chief executive officer of The Advertising Club of New York and International Andy Awards. “Nick’s experience and distinguished reputation as one of our industry’s greatest creative talents, make him the perfect candidate to lead the charge and the change we seek.”
Law joined Publicis Groupe in May and is responsible for leading the creative vision of Publicis Groupe and helping to accelerate Publicis Groupe’s transformation to a platform company.
“I’m proud to align with the Andy Awards on behalf of Publicis and the creative community,” Law commented. “I have seen the Andys organisation take huge strides when it comes to making industry awards more relevant and transparent. The Andys unapologetically celebrates brave brands and brave choices in advertising, and allows our next generation of talent tangible access to opportunities for growth and career development. That is something I wanted to be part of and I look forward to leading a team of our industry’s most creative minds to highlight work that is worthy of an Andy.”
The Andys has also chosen its 2019 Integrated Jury:
- Olivier Apers, Executive Creative Director, BETC Group, Paris
- Jackie Bisbee, Executive Producer and Co-Founder, Park Pictures, Los Angeles
- Javier Campopiano, Partner & Chief Creative Officer, FCB Mexico, Mexico City
- Keith Cartwright, Executive Creative Director, 72andSunny, Los Angeles
- Karen Costello, Chief Creative Officer, The Martin Agency, Richmond
- Sonal Dabral, Group CCO & Vice Chairman, Ogilvy India, Mumbai
- Colleen DeCourcy, President, Wieden+Kennedy, New York
- Pete Favat, Chief Creative Officer, Deutsch North America, Los Angeles
- AJ Hassan, VP Executive Creative Director, RGA, Chicago
- Margaret Johnson, Executive Creative Director / Partner, GS&P, San Francisco
- Andrew Keller, Global Creative Director, Facebook Creative Shop, New York
- Nick Law, Chief Creative Officer Publicis Groupe, President, Publicis Communications
- Mónica Moro, Chief Creative Officer, McCann Spain, Madrid
- Jaime Robinson, Co-Founder & CCO, Joan, New York
- Kazoo Sato, Chief Creative Officer, TBWA\HAKUHODO, Tokyo
- Shanteka Sigers, Creative Director, GSD&M, Austin
- Chaka Sobhani, Chief Creative Officer, Leo Burnett, London
- Debbi Vandeven, Global Chief Creative Officer, VMLY&R, Kansas City
- Hugo Veiga, Co-Founder and Executive Creative Director, AKQA, São Paulo
- Lewis Williams, EVP & Chief Creative Office, Burrell Communications, Chicago
Want to be part of the first show of the 2019 awards season? The one that predicts what will star in next year’s awards?
The 2019 Andy Awards is now accepting entries and judging will take place in March.
Find everything you need to know to enter here.