Twenty-five agencies won awards for effectiveness for 24 clients at this year’s Australian Effie awards, which handed out 5 Gold awards, 29 Silver and 16 Bronze
BMF triumphed with 1 Gold, 7 Silver and 1 bronze award, making it effective Agency of the Year.
AJF Partnership won the Grand Effie for Lion Dare Iced Coffee’s How not thinking straight led to long-term growth
BMF’s awards were:
- Football Federation Australia’s You’ve gotta have a team: Bringing the next generation of fans into the Hyundai A-League – 1 Gold (Insight & Original Thinking), 1 Silver, 1 Bronze
- Australian Government – Department of Social Services’ The campaign that got millions of Australians to help prevent violence in future generations – 3 Silver
- ALDI Australia’s The ALDI Christmas campaign that sold-out its Effie winning predecessor – 2 Silver
- TAL Insurance’s Launching a brand nobody has heard of… in a category nobody likes – 1 Silver
Other major winners were:
- Leo Burnett Melbourne for Headspace National Youth Mental Health Foundation’s Reword: Changing Online Bullying Behaviour – 2 Gold (Most Original Thinking, Insight & Strategic Thinking)
- Affinity for Flordis’ Don’t Ignore a Cough – 1 Gold (Use of Data)
- AJF Partnership for Lion Dare Iced Coffee’s How not thinking straight led to long-term growth- 1 Gold (Long term Effects) plus Grand Effie.
The Effective Advertiser of the Year award was won by ANZ Australia.
“ANZ’s entry very clearly expresses the steps they take to achieve advertising effectiveness. There may be nothing unique in their processes but ANZ is a great example of a large Australian marketing team intent on achieving best practice, The effectiveness and creative awards they have achieved are testament to the culture and approach of the team at ANZ,” the jury commented.
Jaimes Leggett, chair, The Communications Council, noted, “Now in their ninth year, the Effies have become one of the most important dates in our industry’s calendar. Each year, the quality of the cases raises the bar for great creative and strategic thinking that delivers real value to clients’ businesses. These awards have one of the most rigorous judging processes, led by Chairman of Judges Colin Wilson-Brown through three stages of judging with 175 agency and marketing leaders. So, even to become an Effies finalist is a huge achievement – to take home metal is outstanding. Congratulations to all of our winners and finalists.”
The full list of finalists: 2017 Effie Award Winners.xlsx – effie