The Communications Council has opened the 11th annual Australian Effie Awards for entries. The closing date is Thursday April 18.
The Effies applaud the effectiveness of creative communications, recognising campaigns that can demonstrate outstanding measurable results.
Following an annual review, one new category, Brand Value, will be introduced this year in recognition of campaigns that have measurably impacted brand health and/or significantly shifted brand perceptions or reputation. The Positive Change category has been expanded to incorporate issues as environmental sustainability, inequality, poverty, health, education or disabilities as well.
Full details on the changes can be found at the official entry page.
There are 25 categories to enter. An entrant may select only one category from List A but there is no limit to
how many categories are selected from List B for each campaign.
Only 1 Category can be entered
Multiple Categories can be entered
B. FOOD, CONFECTIONERY AND
D. OTHER CONSUMER GOODS
E. HEALTH AND WELLBEING
F. FINANCIAL SERVICES
G. OTHER SERVICES
H. TRAVEL, LEISURE AND MEDIA
J. NOT FOR PROFIT AND CAUSE RELATED MARKETING
K. K. BEST SMALLER STATE CAMPAIGN
M. MOST ORIGINAL THINKING
N. NEW PRODUCT OR SERVICE
O. SMALL BUDGET
P. INSIGHT & STRATEGIC THINKING
Q. BRAND VALUE
R. RETURN ON INVESTMENT
S. LONG TERM EFFECTS
T. DIGITALLY LED IDEAS
U. MEDIA LED IDEA OR MEDIA
V. MARKETING SOLUTIONS OTHER THAN
W. SHOPPER MARKETING
X. USE OF DATA
Y. POSITIVE CHANGE
The Communications Council chief executive officer, Tony Hale, commented, “The Australian Effie Awards ceremony has become an important annual event for the marketing communications industry in Australia, providing both a showcase and a benchmark for excellence in the area that matters most to our clients – delivering results. The Australian Effies continues to evolve with the changing nature of marketing communications.”
THINGS TO NOTE:
- For the fifth year running, agencies are also invited to nominate clients for the Effectiveness Advertiser Award, to celebrate those who champion effectiveness.
- An extended and final deadline of Thursday May 2 2019 is available for those unable to meet the initial entry deadline of Thursday April 18. The extended deadline comes with a late fee.
- Round One judging will take place online from June 11-14, with finalists announced on June 26. Round Two Judging is set for July 23.
- All Effie winners will be announced at an awards dinner and presentation in Sydney on Thursday September 5 2019.
- Marquee sponsor, Think TV, has signed an expanded three-year partnership that will include Effies roadshows, and the establishment of an Effies Database for further insights and reports.
– Ends –