Never underestimate the power of Cannes Lions to win friends and influence content. YouTube has released a special Cannes edition leaderboard in advance of Cannes Lions again.
The ranking is based on both the number of views and the length of time watched from April 2017 to April 2018. On the surface, it would seem that making your ad for a big brand is an advantage and storytelling, not so much. No surprises that the highest ranking videos appear to be those that would attract millennial and Gen Z viewers.
The list is:
- LG India, Astronaut Brand TVC Ad Film – 20 Years Anniversary Story Video – Life Is Good 2017. Creative agency: HS Ad. Media Agency Havas India
- Clash of Clans: How Do We Get Over There? (Update Teaser). Creative agency: Barton F.Graf. Media agency: In-house
3. Christian Dior’s MISS DIOR – The new Eau de Parfum. Creative agency: In-house. Media agency: Havas US
- Amazon’s Alexa Loses Her Voice – Amazon Super Bowl LII Commercial. Creative agency: Lucky Generals. Media agency: Initiative.
- Samsung Galaxy: Growing Up. Creative agency: Wieden & Kennedy. Media agency: Starcom
- Apple’s Meet iPhone X — Apple. Creative agency: In-house. Media agency: OMD
- Nintendo’s Jump Up, Super Star! – Super Mario Odyssey Musical. Creative agency: Leo Burnett Chicago
- Budweiser 2018 Super Bowl Commercial |, Stand By You. Creative agency: David. Media agency: Dentsu Aegis Network
- John Lewis Christmas Ad 2017 – #MozTheMonster. Creative agency: Adam & EveDDB. Media agency: Manning Gottlieb OMD
- Lego’s A Slimy Situation – Choose How To Save LEGO City! Creative agency: R/GA. Media agency: Initiative