The One Club for Creativity has opened its 2019 One Show awards for entries with a teaser to a humorous new Win Pencil, Draw Respect campaign, developed by Toronto agency, Zulu Alpha Kilo.
The One Show entries can be submitted here.
First deadline is September 30, followed by November 30 and final deadline for entry of January 31, 2019. One Show juries will be announced shortly.
The campaign is being teased with posters, banners and simple animated videos, to be followed by a series of online videos in the fall. The work uses before-and-after scenarios to depict how the life of a creative person improves dramatically once they win a coveted One Show Pencil: bosses put more faith in you, you get to work on better briefs and maybe even get a raise and better office. But most of all, you get respect.
“We’ve heard many stories from creatives over the years about how winning a One Show Pencil propelled their career to the next level,” stated Kevin Swanepoel, chief executive officer, The One Club for Creativity.
“So while this campaign from Zulu Alpha Kilo is tongue-in-cheek, it hits home because the message rings true.”
“I’ve always been a fan of the One Show’s high creative standards, so it was really an honour to be asked by The One Club to develop this work,” added Zak Mroueh, chief creative officer and founder, Zulu Alpha Kilo.
“In developing this campaign, we tapped into the ultimate outcome of gaining industry recognition by winning one of the world’s most highly coveted accolades: respect.”
There are several changes to this year’s One Show categories in order to keep ahead of the industry.
- New disciplines this year include:
- Creative Effectiveness
- Creative Use of Data
- Digital Craft (formerly UX/UI, includes all craft categories in Interactive and Mobile)
- Experiential & Immersive (replaces Responsive Environments and includes all immersive work previously in Cross-Platform)
- Integrated (previously Cross-Platform)
- Interactive & Online (previously just Interactive)
- Radio & Audio (previously just Radio).
2. The One Show will now for the first time accept submissions for the Green Pencil, recognising excellence in environmentally-conscious advertising and design. In past years, Green Pencil entries were based on nominations.
3. For the second year, the One Show will have a stand-alone discipline for Health, Wellness & Pharmaceutical, judged by a dedicated jury of healthcare advertising professionals for brands and agencies to recognize the best work in the field from around the world.
4. It’s also the second year for the One Show Mobile-First Video Advertising category, sponsored by Facebook. The category was established for video that is specifically created for use on mobile devices. Entries must be in vertical format, comprehensible with and without sound and created to promote a brand product or service. This year, the Mobile First is split into two categories for the first time – one for videos over 15 seconds in length, and one for video 15 seconds long and under.