This V Energy commercial is full of all the weird s*** young audiences love. But being a Clemenger BBDO ad, its weirdness is not just tacked on for the fun of it nor the attention-grab – not even the drumming talking cat in the video. The spot is built on a V Energy promise that young audiences want – that they’ll be given the motivation to get things done, or as Clemenger BBDO Sydney expresses it, that they’ll escape The Procrastination Place.
Ben Coulson, chief creative officer, Clemenger BBDO Sydney stated, “Procrastination. It’s something 99% of us do, and the other 1% lie about. But V will be there for us when we need a good kick right in the procrastinations.”
The 30-second commercial is the first phase of the agency’s new Make it Happen platform for V Energy.
It launched on the November 9 weekend in Australia and New Zealand, and features TV, cinema, digital, social and OOH. The launch film – which draws on meme culture and the deepest parts of the internet – was directed by The Sweetshop’s Damien Shatford.
Frucor Suntory head of consumer marketing, Jonny Croft added, “We’re super excited to see a genuine consumer insight land a whole new brand platform for V, and really open the brand up to a whole new generation of consumers across Australia and New Zealand. The work is distinctive, extremely relatable for our consumers, and firmly plants our flag as the brand that uniquely helps you Make it Happen.”
Agency: Clemenger BBDO Sydney
Chief Creative Officer: Ben Coulson
Creatives: Josh Aitken, Vanessa Robinson & Willy Maitland
Producers: Denise McKeon & Katrina Maw
Designers: Daniel Mortensen & Alexandra Kidd
Planning Director: Rob Harding-Smith
Client Service: Gareth Pask, Melanie Spence, Isabell Timar & Su-Ann Leong
Production Company: The Sweetshop
Director: Damien Shatford
Executive Producer Greg Fyson
Edit: Luke Haigh @ The Editors
Post Production: Blockhead VFX
Music & Sound: Otis Studios
Client: V Energy, Frucor Suntory
Chief Client Officer: Cam Davidson
Head of Consumer Marketing: Jonny Croft
Senior Brand Manager: Chris Henbrey