Spikes Asia’s Innovation shortlist contains six Australian entries. Six of twelve finalists.
The Innovation Spikes applauds ground-breaking innovation and technological solutions that enable organisations to communicate with their audiences in new and ever more creative ways. This year, 35 entries were received from 12 countries across APAC.
On Wednesday September 26, the shortlisted entrants will have 10 minutes to present their ideas and answer follow-up questions from the jury about their work. Spikes Asia attendees can watch the Innovation Jury, led by Tuomas Peltoniemi, president, Asia – Digital & Innovation, TBWA\Digital Arts Network, Singapore, as they hear the entrants present their work. Following the presentations, the jury will reconvene to discuss and decide the work they consider to be of Bronze, Silver, Gold or Grand Prix standard. The winners will be awarded at the Awards Show on Friday September 28.
Joe Pullos, festival director, Spikes Asia, commented, “The live judging format of the Innovation Awards at Spikes Asia reflects the exciting nature of this award and gives attendees a greater insight into what goes into creative work that pushes boundaries. The jury also has the opportunity to probe various elements of the campaign and the audience can hear presenters explain first-hand how their entry demonstrates creative excellence. It’s a fantastic learning opportunity and a place to spot the trends that will lead the way for next year.”
The 2018 shortlisted work includes:
- BMW Dentsu Sydney Australia, Project Revoice for The ALS Association
- CHE Proximity Melbourne Australia, Hearprint, for Cochlear
- Deloitte Australia Melbourne Australia, Lucy for Prince of Wales Hospital
- M&C Saatchi Sydney Australia, FireBlanket for NRMA Insurance
- Rotor Studios Sydney Australia, Camry WebGL Configurator for Toyota Motor Corporation Australia
- Y&R ANZ Melbourne Australia, Sip Safe, for Monash University
- Leo Burnett India Mumbai India, Roads that Honk for Hindustan Petroleum
- Grey Malaysia Kuala Lumpur, Unforgettable Bag for Tesco
- Cheil Worldwide Seoul South Korea, Relúmino for Samsung Electronics
- Hyundai Motor Company Seoul, South Korea, Chatty School Bus for Hyundai Motor Company
- Serviceplan Korea Seoul, Making the World Accessible, Dot by Dot for Dot Incorporation
- Leo Burnett Colombo, Sri Lanka, Petal Paint for JAT Holdings (Pvt) Ltd
For the first time the Awards will be subject to independent assurance by PwC, led by partner Sam Tomlinson, further reinforcing the high standards and rigorous processes that each submitted piece of work must pass through before being recognised as a Spikes Award.
Find out how to attend Spikes Asia and watch the Innovation presentations here. The Festival runs from September 26-28 in Suntec, Singapore and the Spikes Asia Awards Show takes place on September 28, to close the festival.