Winners of the MullenLowe NOVA Awards are selected from the final degree shows at Central Saint Martins covering courses across art, design, fashion and performance. From 1,300 graduating students, 14 are shortlisted with just 6 awards presented to students whose work represents truly original creative thinking and execution.
2019 will be the 9th consecutive year in which MullenLowe Group has sponsored the Central Saint Martins annual Degree Shows and presented the MullenLowe NOVA Awards for fresh creative talent.
- In addition to one overall winner and two runners up, MullenLowe Group client, Unilever, will present the #Unstereotype Award to recognise work that breaks away from limiting and outdated stereotypes.
- New for 2019, Creative Review, will choose the winner of the inaugural Creative Review Award for Innovation.
- For the 4th consecutive year, the winner of the YourNOVA Award will be chosen by the public. Voting for the ‘people’s choice’ award will open online on June 24.
Jose Miguel Sokoloff, president of MullenLowe Group global creative council and chief creative officer, MullenLowe Group UK, commented, “For the past nine years, we’ve had the privilege of supporting some of the best emerging talent from one of the most prestigious art colleges in the world. These brilliant young minds never fail to astound us and I look forward to viewing the shortlisted work and announcing the winners in July 2019.”
Professor Jeremy Till, head of Central Saint Martins and pro vice-chancellor of the University of the Arts London, added, “Every year the MullenLowe NOVA judges manoeuvre their way through an incredibly diverse landscape of creative outputs, and every year they come up trumps, because in the end, really great work shines through, whatever discipline it comes from. In the past few years, this output has become ever more urgent in the face of a febrile external world, and I expect still more provocation from the NOVA Awards this year.”
The MullenLowe NOVA Awards will be judged by a panel of experts across art, design and advertising. Shortlisted work can be viewed at the highly anticipated Central Saint Martins Degree Shows and the winners will be announced at a ceremony in July.
MullenLowe NOVA Awards 2019 Judging Panel:
- Dan Brooke – Business Leader
- Nathan Cook – Global Director, Advertising Innovation, Unilever
- Carolan Davidge – Executive Director, Marketing & Engagement, British Heart
- Laurence Green – Executive Partner, MullenLowe London
- Rory Hyde – Curator of Contemporary Architecture and Urbanism, Victoria and Albert
- Sid Motion – Founder and Director, Sid Motion Gallery
- Hannah Scott – Central Saint Martins alumni, visual artist and 2017 MullenLowe
NOVA Award Runner-Up
- Nipa Shah – Senior Global Brand Director, Unilever
- Jose Miguel Sokoloff – President of MullenLowe Group Global Creative Council and Chief Creative Officer, MullenLowe Group UK
- Tony Spong – Managing Director, AAR Group
- Rachael Steven – Associate Editor, Creative Review
- Naomi Troni – Global Chief Growth Officer, MullenLowe Group
Key MullenLowe NOVA Award dates for 2019:
- First MullenLowe NOVA Awards Judging Day: Tuesday May 21
- Second MullenLowe NOVA Awards Judging Day: Friday June 14
- Final shortlist announcement: Wednesday June 19
- YourNOVA judging: Monday June 24 – Tuesday July 2
- Award ceremony and winners announced: Thursday July 4