AMV BBDO London has won Best of Show, six Best of Discipline awards, and is Agency of the Year at this year’s One Show Awards. The agency won all of its 12 Gold Pencils this year for Essity Bodyform/Libresse, with Best of Show going to #wombpainstories, which won Gold in Integrated, Interactive & Online, and Public Relations. 7 Golds went to the agency’s #wombstories, 2 in Branded Entertainment and 1 each in Film, Health, Wellness & Pharma, Integrated, and Moving Image Craft, and 2 Golds were for #painstories in Digital Craft and Creative Use of Data. AMV BBDO won 22 Pencils overall – 12 Gold, 7 Silver and 3 Bronze.
Australia and New Zealand won 19 Pencils in total.
- Saatchi & Saatchi Melbourne with Herd MSL Sydney led Australia’s wins with six Pencils, including 4 Golds, all for The Royal Australian Mint Donation Dollar. The work won 3 Golds in Direct Marketing, 1 in Physical Items, 1 in Integrated Campaign, and 1 in Non-traditional & Guerrilla Marketing which was named last week as the Best of Discipline. Its fourth Gold Pencil was in Print, Promotional Items – Physical Products.
Donation Dollar also won Saatchi & Saatchi Australia a Silver Pencil in Direct Marketing, Innovation in Direct Marketing, and a Bronze in Direct Marketing, Craft – Art Direction.
- Clemenger BBDO with PHD Content, both in Sydney, was Australia’s other Gold Pencil winner this year for Pitvertising on behalf of Rexona in Out of Home, Apparel.
Other One Show 2021 Pencil winners in Australia are:
- Silver: TBWA with Eleven PR, both in Sydney, and AIRBAG Melbourne Play NZ for Tourism New Zealand in Social Media, Livestream
- Bronze: CHE Proximity with Heckler Sydney Microcodes for Samsung in Social Media, Active Engagement / Call to Action
- Bronze: Ogilvy Australia with Ogilvy PR, both in Sydney, Secret Menu for KFC Australia in Social Media, Stunts & Activations
- Bronze: Ogilvy Australia with Ogilvy PR, both in Sydney, Secret Menu for KFC Australia in Mobile, Utility – Ecommerce
- Bronze: Special Group Australia with Chee Productions, Revolver and The Glue Society, all in Sydney, Uber Eats No Repeats for Uber Eats in Film, Innovation in Film
New Zealand’s major Pencil winners are:
- Saatchi & Saatchi New Zealand with Starcom and MSL New Zealand, all in Auckland, and Passion Pictures London, won 2 One Show 2021 Gold Pencils, a Silver and a Bronze, all for A Career-Limiting Campaign on behalf of Global Women. All of these Pencil were in Film, with the Golds in Television & VOD – Short Form – Series, and Under 50K Budget. The Silver Pencil was in Online Films & Video – Short Form – Series, and the Bronze in Online Films & Video – Long Form – Single.
- DDB Aotearoa New Zealand with Body Positive, both in Auckland, won a One Show 2021 Silver Pencil for New Zealand AIDS Foundation, Body Positive, Positive Women Sperm Positive: The Baby That Changed HIV in Health, Wellness & Pharma, Public Relations.
- Special Group with Sweetshop, both in Auckland, won 2 Bronze Pencils, 1 for Tourism New Zealand Good Morning World in Creative Effectiveness, Multi-Country or Global – Consumer/Brand, and the other with Poem for Every Kiwi Vote Counts Meddle in the New Zealand Election in Integrated, Craft – Writing.
Other international top Gold winners:
- Area 23 New York with Claire’s Place Foundation Redondo Beach won 13 Golds for Sick Beats on behalf of Woojer.
- FCB New York, won 13 One Show Golds, all for Michelob ULTRA Courtside for Michelob ULTRA, Microsoft and the NBA.
This year’s top One Show honours are:
Agency of the Year — AMV BBDO London
Independent Agency of the Year — Translation Brooklyn
In-House Agency of the Year — Spotify In-House
Network of the Year — BBDO Worldwide
Creative Holding Company of the Year — Interpublic Group
Production Company of the Year — Chelsea Pictures
Music & Sound Company of the Year — 750mph
Client of the Year — Libresse
The One Show 2021 special awards:
- The inaugural One Show Fusion Pencil: FCB Inferno with Partizan, both in London, This Girl Can for Sport England, and The Bloc New York The Call for Empowher NY.
The Fusion Pencil is advertising and design industry’s first global award to recognise great work that best incorporates diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) principles and underrepresented groups in both the creative content of the work and the team that made it.
- The Green Pencil, recognising the most environmentally conscious creative work for the year was won by Havas Turkey İstanbul Water Index for Reckitt/Finish, and Ogilvy Poland Warsaw Green Instructions for LEGO.
- The Sustainable Development Goals Pencils were won by:
- DDB Group Germany Berlin with DaHouse Audio Berlin, Blockworks London and MediaMonks Hilversum The Uncensored Library for Reporters Without Borders
- MullenLowe New York with MediaHub The UNSeen Story for UN Women
- Ogilvy Pakistan Islamabad Naming the Invisible by Digital Birth Registration for Telenor Pakistan
This award was created in cooperation with the United Nations Office for Partnerships and nonprofit, PVBLIC Foundation, to reward agencies and brands who use their talents and resources to create work which betters the world and contributes to securing a sustainable future for all.
- The One Show Cultural Driver Gold Pencil was won by went to Edelman New York A New Jingle for a New Era for Good Humor, and Translation Brooklyn with Prettybird Los Angeles You Love Me for Beats by Dre.
The award recognises influential ideas and executions that had a major impact in their respective cultures and environments, and exist outside the traditional categories in advertising and design.
The One Show Penta Pencil, awarded to the agency and brand who together have created stellar creative work for the last five years, was presented to Saatchi & Saatchi New York and Procter & Gamble-TIde.
17,719 pieces were entered in The One Show 2021 from 65 countries. Agencies, studios, brands, production companies and designers in 54 countries were awarded 173 Gold Pencils, 161 Silver, 224 Bronze and 1,102 Merits.
All One Show 2021 Pencil and Merit winners were announced today during the global Creative Week 2021. A complete showcase of global winners can be viewed here, a pdf of all winners can be downloaded here. The One Show 2021 Best of Discipline winners were announced last week and are shown here.
The One Show 2021 Creative Rankings and The One Club Global Creative Rankings, combining results from The One Show 2021 and ADC 100th Annual Awards, will be announced next week.
Creative Week 2021 sponsors include Shutterstock, Verizon and Working Not Working.